8│BAND ON THE RUN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴ ꒱

❝ YOU, UH, LOOKED
HANDSOME ON STAGE
WITH YOUR GUITAR & HAT ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Hi, my name is Cory and the seventh grade dance is Friday night and I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to—"

"I'm sorry, my grandmother's sick," the girl gave him a fake smile before she walked away.

Cory returned to the trio's table with a disappointed look on his face as he sat back down. "Apparently it's not a good time to be a grandmother," he huffed. "Look— her grandmother's coughing phlegm, hers is hacking blood and her, her—"

"Whoa," Shawn interrupted him. "I happen to know she has no grandmother."

"Yes, and she somehow blames me for her death."

"At least you can't sink any lower," Shawn tried.

Juliet rolled her eyes, not even sure about what the big fuss was over their first dance. It wasn't like they hadn't had them in middle school so this one would probably just be as lame and she'd spend it with Shawn making fun of how awkward other people were.

"Hey, you busy?" an unfamiliar voice asked.

"You're not gonna ask me to the dance, are you?" Cory quipped.

"What if I did?"

"I'd say pick me up at eight but no slow dances."

"Just watch these for a second, alright?" the stranger asked as he handed Cory his guitar case.

"I can do that," he agreed as the other guy placed his case down too. "I'm not going to this dance with anybody."

"Hey, Cor, why don't you ask Topanga?" Juliet suggested. "Shawn and I are already going together like usual."

"I could, I could, but that would show no personal growth if I simply ask the girl I've always asked since we were five."

"So, when are you gonna ask her?" Shawn asked, knowing he would.

"I figure tomorrow unless by some magic girls suddenly start noticing me."

The two girls from earlier returned to their table. "Hi, I couldn't help noticing you."

"Oh, you're talking to me? Shouldn't you be at the hospital visiting one your many blood-hacking grandmas?" Cory sassed.

"Why didn't you tell me you play?"

"Huh?" Juliet and Cory asked at the same time.

"Cor, Julie, they're onto us. They've spotted our axes, they know we play. They like musicians."

"Oh, well, then watch me pull this rabbit out of my hat," Cory said, mishearing Shawn's words.

"Musicians, Cory," Juliet corrected him.

"Oh, well, that's very different."

"You guys in a band?" the first girl asked.

"Are we in a band?" Cory asked with a laugh. "Are we in a band?" he repeated, looking at Shawn.

"Yes, you idiot," the boy told him through clenched teeth.

"I'm not—" Juliet started, wanting to get out of their ridiculous scheme before it began.