9│FEAR STRIKES OUT

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ғᴇᴀʀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇs ᴏᴜᴛ ꒱

❝ CHALLENGE ACCEPTED ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet leaned against the lockers with her back pressed against the metal as she waited for Topanga to gather her things for class.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" the girl asked her casually.

"'Course. What about you?"

"I'm planning on it," she admitted as she placed a few books in her bag.

"Jack told me they're planning on doing seven minutes in heaven," Juliet informed her.

Topanga turned to look at the redhead. "And are you hoping to go with him?"

"Maybe," she shrugged. "He's my friend and he's cute but I don't know if I really, really like him."

"Like you like Shawn," Topanga clarified.

Juliet's face turned pink at the mention. "What about you and Cory?" she asked, changing the subject.

"I wouldn't mind that so much," she admitted, looking a bit embarrassed. "I do know him well, after all."

"Yeah," Juliet agreed as her eyes drifted across the hall to where Shawn and Cory were also (probably) talking about the party.

🌎🌎🌎

Juliet arrived at the party with Cory and Shawn. The former was clearly panicking about whatever he thought was going to happen in the closet. The redhead herself was also kind of nervous (since she'd never kissed anyone before) but she wasn't being overdramatic about it like Cory was.

"This is great, all the girls brought their lips," Shawn commented eagerly as they stepped off the last of the stairs.

"I don't think they had a choice about that, Shawnie," Juliet snarked, absentmindedly twisting her fingers together.

"Shawn, there's a girl with braces. What if I get her? She could cut my tongue and I'll bleed all over my shirt!" Cory cried as he looked around. "Oh no, Sally's wearing wool. I'm allergic! What if I sneeze into her mouth and pop her lungs?"

"Cor, I'm pretty sure that's physically impossible," the redhead reassured him.

"Relax, man," Shawn added as he lead them over to the food table. "Have a snack. Carbo load before the big race."

"With bean dip?" Cory scoffed. "Are you out of your mind?"

"What are you worried about? Your breath?" Shawn asked.

The curly-haired boy slapped a hand over his mouth. "My breath? I didn't even think about that! Oh, man, I'm gonna kill them coming and going. I'm gonna blow us out of the closet. I'm getting out of here."

Cory tried to leave but both Juliet and Shawn stopped him. "Hey, if I have to be here, you have to be here," Juliet said as she gave the boy a pleading look.

He (and Topanga) were the only ones who knew how she felt about Shawn kissing other girls. They were also her. . . support? if her name got called with Shawn's. The boy turned around only to come face-to-face with Topanga. "Hey, Cory," she greeted him.

The boy pressed two fingers against his lips before he replied, "hi, Topanga. Boy, what a great party, huh? It was great! I was in the closet for fourteen minutes. I'm gonna go home and ice my lips."