15 │BREAKING UP IS REALLY, REALLY HARD TO DO

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ɪs
ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ, ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ꒱

❝ I SUPPOSE IT'S A DATE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Shawn, Cory and Shawn's current 'love interest' were sitting at one of Chubbie's many high top tables. The curly-haired boy was complaining about things as usual: "'Stephanie and Todd invite you to a dinner party at Todd's place. Couples only,'" he read. "Shawn, that's discrimination! It leaves out a lot of people who have committed themselves to a single life. People like you, me and Juliet."

"Huh?" Shawn asked as he came out of his make-out daze.

"People like me and Juliet," Cory amended before a familiar flash of red caught his attention and he glanced towards the back room with the pool table. There, Juliet was hanging out with Jack. He sighed. "People like me."

Shawn wasn't paying attention. "Remember in health class, that section on the movement of blood? I understand it now."

"Fine, bail on your friend," Cory grumbled as he sat down.

The girl who'd captured Shawn's attention excused herself and the dark-haired boy focused on his friend. "Cory, just ask a girl and you can do too. Look, there's Wendy. You know her, you like her. Ask her to be your girlfriend."

"Just for the party? That's not right," he answered with a frown.

"It is right. You're supposed to do that. You're thinking too much. Do what I do, don't think," Shawn said.

"And where has that gotten you?" Cory asked, earning a confused look from the other boy. He sighed again, since he knew the reason for Juliet's current absence. Shawn went through cycles of more and less girl-crazy, and currently he was in his 'more' phase. When this happened, Juliet spent less time with them and more time with Jack. When Juliet spent more time with Jack, Shawn had more attention for other girls. It was very frustrating and the only thing stopping Cory from spilling everything was the death threats he'd received from both parties to keep it a secret or else.

Shaking his head, he decided that he would ask Wendy out and he'd maybe be able to forget this madness.

🌎🌎🌎

The back room at Chubbie's provided a nice place to both talk and observe the goings-on at the dive. Juliet leaned on her pool stick as she waited for Jack to take his turn. The blond-haired boy moved around the table every few minutes to find the best direction to hit his striped balls into the net.

"Are you going to make a play sometime this century?" the redhead asked testily.

"Pool is a game of patience, Ocean Eyes, which is something you seem to lack."

"I'm a redhead, I have a temper," she explained easily. "But seriously it's been, like, five minutes. This is pool, not a high-stakes tournament."

"Are my superior skills making you anxious?" Jack asked as he looked up from the angle of his pole to give her an amused look.

"Hardly," Juliet scoffed. "Shawn's a far better player than you are and he doesn't take ten years."

"You play pool with Hunter?"

"'Course I do," she answered.

At the mention of her best friend (crush) her eyes drifted away from the game to look across the sea of students to where the dark-haired boy sat with Cory. Her stomach did its usual flip-flop and nauseating turn, both at the sight of him and the sight of him making out with another girl.