Year 2-4 | Heir of Slytherin

2-4: Heir of Slytherin

"Evelyn," Hermione nudged me.

"Yes?" I looked up from my potions book meeting her eyes.

"I just wanted to say thank you for standing up for me. You too Ron," She said smiling at Ron and I.

"Yeah Evelyn, that was bloody cool! You slapped him right."

"Thanks," I said looking over at Draco glaring at me with his two minions. I simply winked at him and drink another sip of my pumpkin juice not breaking my eye contact.

"I'm starting to get a little worried, Harry hasn't been back for a while," Hermione said.

"I thought he was at detention?" I asked finally looking away from Draco.

"Yeah but how come Ron's already back but Harry isn't?"

"You're right.. Maybe we should look for him" Hermione nods and Ron follows as we get out of our seats out of the great hall to look for Harry.

We walked along the corridors for a while until we heard footsteps echoing through the corridors. It stopped for a moment and started getting faster like it was chasing something. We nod at each other and quickly walk towards the footsteps getting closer and closer.

"Harry," Hermione called as she noticed him with a panicked look on his face.

"Did you hear that?" He was asking frantically, almost out of breath. He seemed scared.

"Hear what?" Ron responds.

"The voice."

"Voice? What voice?" Hermione asked matching his panicked energy.

Harry started to look around quickly, " I heard it first in Lockart's office. And then again just..." He paused looking up at the sky as if there was something there. "It's moving, I think it's going to kill," he said before shoving in between Hermione and Ron running towards something.

"Kill?" Ron says as we started to run following behind him.

"Harry wait not so fast!" We ran and ran following Harry through the corridors until Harry came to an abrupt stop. We looked around and noticed the floor was wet. He seemed unbothered by this fact and continued walking fast towards somewhere as we followed. He stops again this time looking down and the floor. I noticed a trail of spiders climbing up the corridor wall and out through a tiny gap in the window. My skin started to tingle at the sight of those spiders, I absolutely hate spiders.

"Strange, I've never seen spiders act like that" Harry said calmer than he was like 2 minutes ago.

"I don't like spiders" Ron trembled.

I looked down at the ground and saw a reflection of something, something written on the walls. I followed the reflection up towards a wall to see a message written in blood.

"Harry," I nudged him who looked over to the wall with the message.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware" Hermione read out loud. I look around the corridor and notice something else, Filch's cat hung by its tail frozen. I let out a gasp and everyone's attention turned towards the cat.

"It's Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris," Harry walked over. I started to hear more footsteps, a lot more. I turned around to notice a bunch of kids standing beside us left and right, almost the whole school was here. This looked bad, they probably think we did it. Teachers and students all looked terrified and shocked as they read the message and whispers filled the corridors.