nine

"What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death. Malekith knew the Aether was here. He can sense it's power. If we do nothing, he will come for it again. But this time, lay waste to all of Asgard. We must move Jane off-world." Thor says as he looks around at everyone sat at the table.

"The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in the vault." Sif points out to Thor, reminding him that leaving Asgard at this current moment was near to impossible.

"There are other paths off Asgard. Ways known to only a few." Heimdall says, making Freyja perk up. She knew very well, who was able to get them off Asgard, after all he had brought her through those passages so many times to get away from the shadows of Odin and Thor in the past.

"One, actually." Freyja says, making Thor nod. Volstagg, Fandral and Sif look at the two in dismay, not liking the idea.

"No. You may still be in love with him, for some twisted reason Freyja. But I can't accept this." Volstagg says, making Freyja scoff as she glares at him.

"He will betray you." Fandral points out, ignoring Volstagg and Freyja's glaring competition.

"He will try. But, Freyja forgive me, you will be used as bait. I know Loki, even in his most twisted mind, his love for Freyja is intact and he will do anything to protect her." Thor says, making Freyja nod in understanding.

"Well, what then? Your lovely mortal is being guarded by legion of Einherjar who will see you coming from miles away." Fandral adds on, making Thor look at Sif.

"I won't be the one who comes for her." Thor says, and Sif doesn't seem pleased with the idea, but decides to go along with it. "Once we've all gathered, Loki will lead us to the Dark World and from there on, we will win the battle."

"This is a suicide mission. Let's get ready." Volstagg exclaims, while Freyja rolls her eyes and stands up, before leaving. Thor follows after her and stops her from going any further.

"I hope you're okay with this. I know you've seen him in cell, but will you be okay seeing him free again?" Thor asks, making her chuckle softly as she smiles reassuringly. "And will you be able to handle being in battle?"

"Thor, just because I haven't trained with you or the others when we were younger, does not mean that I am a stranger to battle." Freyja hums, with a s light smirk. "Loki used to teach me a few tricks to protect myself. I still know how to manage myself."

"I wasn't lying when I said, he will protect you and still loves you." Thor states firmly, making her smile softly.

"I know. I know. It's just hard to believe that you're right at the moment. He just seems so cold and he won't let me in." Freyja sighs, making Thor hum.

"Stubborn as always I see. He will come around eventually. He always does when it comes to you." Thor points out, making her smile weakly with a slight shrug. "Everything will workout eventually do not fret. We will execute the plan. And you get to see him."

"Yes. Please do not be too harsh on him. I know you're still mad at him, and disappointed even, but he is your brother nevertheless." Freyja says softly, making him look down in slight shame.

"Unfortunately, I don't have the same ability as you do, to forgive him so easily." Thor admits, making her nod in understanding.

"Okay, we ready to go?" Fandral cuts in, making them turn around and Thor nods.

"Go, get some rest, Freyja. You will need it." Thor says, before he leaves with the three warriors, leaving behind Heimdall and Freyja. She smiles up at the guardian, who gives her a warm smile.

"You have suffered greatly, child. I believe it is soon time that your suffering is put to end." He says, before leaving her to ponder over his words.