Chapter 10

"So this is my room, feel free to come over at any time," Cho said to Hano, leaning against his and Iroh's door.

Hano was directly across the hall from them.

"Looks like Cho's making friends pretty easy," Pelo said to Iroh.

The two benders were further down the hallway.

"Yeah," Iroh nodded. "It's kinda weird."

"Why's that?" Pelo asked.

"We got along immediately, but it took me two days to get him to actually talk to me," Iroh said.

Pelo shrugged, "He was pretty open with me immediately. Maybe it was just because he didn't know you and didn't really have a basis for you."

Iroh shrugged, "That would make sense."

Pelo nodded, following Iroh until they reached the rooms.

"So, are you a bender?" Cho asked.

Hano hesitated, glancing at Pelo and Iroh before shaking his head, seemingly ashamed, "I'm not."

"Nothing wrong with that," Pelo said, seeing Hano's embarrassment. "My aunt's a non bender."

"As are my grandmother, my father, and my sister," Iroh added.

"So is Chi," Cho said.

"You're never an outcast in our group," Iroh assured.

Pelo nodded, "I can vouch. I was their first non Fire Nation member."

Iroh chuckled.

"Private Iroh!"

The four privates jumped to attention at Lieutenant Zun's voice.

"Yes sir!" Iroh responded.

"At ease Privates! The Commander ordered your presence in his quarters, Private Iroh," Zun said sternly.

"Yes sir!" Iroh saluted and started down the hall.

"Is he in trouble?" Hano whispered once Zun was gone.

Pelo and Cho shook their heads.

"We're not really sure what it's about," Cho admitted. "It's just once in awhile the Commander orders Iroh to his cabin."

Pelo nodded, "We don't really ask because Ro never seems to be bothered."

Cho nodded.

Hano watched Iroh disappear up the staircase at the end of the hall.

"Wanna make bets?" Hano smirked.

Pelo blinked in surprise.

Cho grinned, "I like you."

Iroh rolled his eyes as he exited the staircase. He had heard the rest of the guys start making bets on what the Commander wanted him for.

He was relieved that none of them were inappropriate or creepy bets; just them betting stuff like Bumi giving him another medal.

Iroh headed up to Bumi's cabin and knocked.

"Enter," Bumi responded.

Iroh opened the door and stepped in, easing the door shut.

He turned towards the room and immediately slapped his hand over his eyes, "Come on! When you say enter, I'm expecting you to be wearing pants!"

"I'm wearing boxers," Bumi defended from where he was, sitting on his bed in only his pajama shirt and white boxers.