➳ 𝘩𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦, 𝘤𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦

— 2020 —
Will Byers

"Goodbye and thank you, sir! See you on Monday!"

I turned off my laptop and closed it. Whoo, school is finally over. Well, not technically school—I meant our online classes today.

I grabbed my phone to check the time. It's 3 pm—the usual time where last period ends.

I got up and went to the kitchen. I saw my mom making something. I walked over to her and hugged her from behind.

"Hi mom," I greeted her.

She glanced at me and smiled. "Hey sweetie,"

I let go of the hug and stood beside her. "What are you making?"

"Chocolate chip cookies! I heard you talking on the phone with someone last night, you were craving for cookies, so.. here you go." she giggled. Oh.. that was Mike on the other line.

"Aww, thanks mom." I smiled. I grabbed a cup and filled it in with ice and water before going back to my room. While entering the room, I could hear my phone vibrating nonstop, so I quickly ran into it and picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe."

My eyes widened from what he said. "Shh, shut up Mike!"

"Why? No one's here!"

"Who cares? Haven't I told you to not call me that if we're not in the same place?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." he chuckled on the other line.

"So, um.. why did you call?" I asked.

"I don't know.. I just miss your voice."

I bit my lip. "Really?"

"Yeah.." he said in a husky voice. I'm getting goosebumps. I hate it when he speaks to me like that! It makes me wanna grab him by his neck and kiss him har—oh wait, nevermind.

"How's school?" he asked.

"It was okay. I don't have any homeworks to do, so I basically have two free days."

"Can't relate." he joked. I chuckled.

"Maybe if you left Hawkins Middle School with me, you're not gonna be suffering right now."

"Blame mom! She wants me to graduate here. It's stupid." he said. I sighed and took a sip of my water.

"Hey, do you wanna come over?" I bravely asked.

"What—are you serious?" I could hear the excitement from his voice.

"Do I sound like I'm joking?" I said, laughing.

"No! It's just.. you know.. your mom.."

"Don't mind her. She doesn't care—I mean, she does, but.. I don't think she'll notice." I said.

I heard him sigh before talking. "Alright, will be there in 10 minutes."

"Mkay. Keep safe driving, and don't forget to wear your mask!" I reminded him. COVID sucks.

"Yes, babe. Love you."

I felt my cheeks turn hot. I bit my lip and said, "I can't say it back, you know why.."

"Don't worry, I know. Bye!" he said and hung up.

I lied down on my bed and scrolled through Instagram, Tiktok, and Snapchat, while waiting for Mike. El and I were sending each other snaps for about five minutes.