Jossie & Benny Boy

Chapter Thirty Four

Third Person

The morning light had began to fade throughout the Crimson territory when they caught the scent.

The same scent they had chased like dogs for a month.

Alpha Heath.

He had been there and he was close.

Adrian had been the one to catch his scent, and without a second thought mind linked Caleb.

'We caught his scent.'

He could feel his alpha's anger through their link and shuddered at the thought of being in the receiving end of his fury.

'Where are Ariana and the twins'

Adrian froze in fear before dashing through the woods, pushing his paws to their full extent.

How could he have forgotten that his Luna had left the pack house. His heart thumped uncomfortably and he prayed that the security she had taken was enough to protect them.

'Adrian...' the growl echoed through his mind made him stumble on his paws and cower down in submission.

'I'm on my way to her Alpha'

Caleb didn't have to say anything to Adrian. He already knew that if the Luna and the twins were in any way hurt, he would have hell to pay for it.

----------------------------------------

Caleb had been sulking at the lake when Adrian had linked him.

And immediately he raced to his mates home in wolf form. His wolf was restless endless possibilities running through his mind.

Were his children okay?

His mate?

Had that bastard Heath managed to take her from her territory?

Why the hell did she leave?

Why had he let her?

Because he was sulking at the thought of his mate loving another...

A whimper escaped his snout at the memory of her eyes filled with tears while he asked that stupid question.

Why did he even ask, it would never change the way he looked at her.

He loved her completely, even if she never could.

"Caleb!" The sudden distraction sent him stumbling over his paws and crashing onto his stomach.

Growling in annoyance he jumped back to his paws ready to take off back to his mate where he should have stayed.

"Caleb!" Jacob shouted rushing to stand in front of his Alpha. Hands up in surrender and eyes wide in fear.

Growling he shook his head and turned ready to take off. He didn't have time to deal with Jacobs bullshit.

"He has her already!"

Caleb froze and his wolf growled and whimpered at the thought of his mate being taken away. What if she was hurt? Had they taken his twins too? His children, the family he had just gotten back.

"I-I Know where they're taking her. Half a mile out of town. They have a plane ready to head out to New York." Jacob rushed out making sure to stay a couple feet away from the large Alpha.

The way Caleb had frozen looked unnatural it didn't even appear that he was breathing.

Just the wild eyes of an animal that had lost it.