Chapter THIRTY-ONE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

"Show him what he's missing, dress confidently. Chin up, shoulders broad, eyes glaring straight into his soul" Stephanie explained through the phone as I ransacked my wardrobe. "You know...like me" she added and I snorted.

"I don't own slutty clothes" I said as I threw a purple gown on the floor after examining it. I heard her scoff and I rolled my eyes. I'm starting to regret agreeing to this because I have absolutely no idea how to get her and Nick together, besides, this is so unlike me but I admit that I'm desperate. I want Eli to notice me to even if it's only for today.

"Switch it to video call" she said over the phone a few I sighed rubbing my hand over my head. I switched it to video call and I could see the walls of her room sparkle from here. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and moved closer to the camera. "Jeez, your room is a mess" she commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh? I didn't notice" I muttered as she scrutinized my room with her gaze. She hummed and put her manicured index finger into her mouth before squealing and pointing at a cloth.

"Take that! The one under the orange top" she pointed and my eyes scanned the place before settling on the grey cloth. I took it and she nodded. I was in sweats and a big shirt so she can't see my scars. "And the black tights!" She pointed again.

I took the tights and headed to the bathroom to change. I glanced at the time before entering the bathroom and I was getting late for school. What was I thinking when I agreed to this yesterday?

l looked at the mirror and paired the clothe with blacked with a white stripe sneakers. My hair was in a messy pony tail and I pouted as I stood in front of the mirror. This is not my usual dressing which means it should surely catch attention. I hope.

I came out of the bathroom and saw Stephanie cringe through the phone. "Lose the tights, it'll look better without the tights" she said as she gave me a judging look. I rolled my eyes and glanced at my outfit. If I removed the tights, my thighs will be bare and open to the world as well as everything under.

"No, I like it this way" I shrugged as I straightened the edge of the short gown. I was not comfortable at all. The tights were the only thing between my thighs and everyone's eyes. I bet Bex and Zoey will be surprised to see me this way.

"You look sexier without the tights! And loose your hair, apply some makeup!" She rolled her eyes as she gestured to my outfit.

"No! I don't want to look like you" I glared at her and cut off the video call. I released my hair and decided to leave them flowing around my today. I took my bag and shoved all the things I needed inside.

I put on a red lipstick and rubbed my lips together to even the amount. I applied a mascara and skipped down the stairs to find my mom eating already and in her business wear. Her hear was in a neat bun and her face was flushed as she ate.

"Morning Mom!" I sang as I took my food and out it in a brown bag. I was too late to eat at home.

"Morning baby-" she stopped midair as her eyes scanned my dressing from up to down. She gave me a disapproving look "What's with the new dressing? And makeup? I hope you're not keeping bad company already" She frowned and I pouted.

"I just wanted to try something new and mom you know the only company of people I keep are Bex and Zoey so don't worry about me, I'm off to school!" I said hurriedly and dashed out the door. I unlocked my car and got inside. I put the brown bag in my school bag and tossed it in the front seat.