6// New Friendship

"Isha where are you?"

"You can't find me. Ha ha ha..."

"Don't you want to play with me?"

"I am already playing hide & seek with you."

"But I want to play something else."

"Nooooo we are playing hide & seek only."

"Okay, Isha as you wish but next we are playing my game."

"Ha ha ha nooooo."

I wake up with a jolt while my breathing starts to get heavy. I try to take the glass of water from the nightstand but I can't find it in there. My vision is getting blurry because of tears and also my hands are shaking badly.

"P-ap-a" I try to call him but only a whisper is coming out of my mouth. Again and again, I try to call someone but all my attempts are getting in vain. Drowsiness starts to take over my body and.....

"Ishu!" Someone yells my name but I can't see clearly who it is. I feel like I am being lifted in someone's arms and they are telling me not to close my eyes. However, soon enough I feel everything fading out of my sight and a complete blackness consume me.

•••••••••

"I have told you so many times Vinod that Ishita's case is not normal and she needs a lot of care. I know you and your family try very hard to take care of her as much as possible but her trauma is so deep that it's getting heavy on her mind." That's the first thing I hear when I open my eyes. Like always Doctor uncle is telling Papa the same thing about me and Papa is looking defeated as if he hasn't done a good job at taking care of me.

"Stop it, uncle. Don't say such things to my Papa. He doesn't need to know from others how to take care of his own daughter." I say from the hospital bed where I am laying down.

"Ishu, are you feeling okay gudiya? Do you need something?" Papa asks me while taking my hand in his own. I smile weakly at him because deep down I know I can't be okay after the events of the past.

"I am fine Papa. But why did you bring me here again?" I ask him.

"You fainted Ishu. We all got so scared and rushed you to the hospital." He replies while kissing the top of my head.

"Are you taking your medicines lately?" Doctor uncle asks me while looking at me. I gulp knowing he already has an idea about my answer so I avoid looking at him before answering.

"I have forgotten to take them a few times." I reply softly.

"Stop lying to me Ishita. I have known you since you are a child so don't try to hide anything from me." He warns me but I don't open my mouth instead I turn my head to the other side. I feel a hand being placed on top of my head making me shut my eyes while tears slide down from the corners of my eyes.