Chapter 16: Curiosity Killed the Cat and the Cat Caught the Mouse

Dedicated to belle-rose for winning the Ian Award in the one-shot competition. Picture of Ian's Halloween costume for Charlotte.

---

Chapter 16: Curiosity Killed the Cat and the Cat Caught the Mouse

"Ian, I'm not wearing this."

My mouth was slightly ajar as I gaped at the costume that he had selected for me to wear. It was a Minnie Mouse costume, and not the innocent one. It had a plunging neckline and a polka-dotted skirt that was a bit too short for my liking. Attached to the packaging was a headband with ears, which was the only part I would even consider wearing. Ian had even gone out bought yellow pumps in my size.

"Why not?" he demanded, looking lustfully down at the outfit laid out on his bed.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted him in the task of finding a Charlotte-appropriate costume. I should've bought a backup, just in case something like this happened again.

"It's so small that it could be a dog's costume."

"Minnie's a mouse, not a dog. That's Pluto or Goofy."

"I know," I gritted. "I just don't want to look like every other girl who's going to be there, advertising their goodies."

"But the difference between you and them is that you're not for sale."

"Gee, thanks."

"Well it's true. Unless I'm wrong, because I'm willing to buy."

"It's all off-limits."

"Not for Luke, I bet," he muttered quietly.

"What was that?"

"I bet you're legs will look killer in that."

I threw my hands up in the air. "Forget it. I'm not going to your little costume party."

"But you have to!" he whined. "I already told people you were going to be there."

"I'm sure nobody will notice, and if they do, they'll get over it."

"But I won't," he whimpered, looking up at me with glistening puppy eyes and a pout. "Please, for me, kitten?"

I sighed, giving in. "Fine, but I'm not wearing that." I pointed at the Minnie Mouse costume. "I'll just throw a white sheet over my head and call myself Casper."

His eyebrows shot up suggestively. "Just a sheet?"

"Of course not."

He crossed his arms. "A ghost isn't a very creative costume idea, but Minnie Mouse is!"

I shrugged. "I doubt anyone there will be dressed as a ghost."

"But this is a high school party, not a kindergarten one. People there will be sexy looking!"

"I'm not trying to look sexy for anyone."

"Not even me?"

"Especially not you!"

"What's the problem? It's not like people are going to be sober to even notice your lady parts."

Ryan was drunk, yet he still managed to notice me in my mostly modest party-wear last time. I didn't want to repeat history, because if it happened again, I doubt Tyler would be there to come to my rescue.

"I'm wearing leggings."

"Nude tights?"

"Black ones."