☽ 23 ☾

Jimin sniffled, wiping his eyes. Though there was no point to it. He was soaked horribly. Down to his bones. It had rained  a few minutes ago. More like the clouds dumped a year worth of rain in one day. And Jimin didn't have anywhere to go take cover. He was lost. Once again. 

He shivered in the wet clothes. His red eyes looked up and around. He noticed an eagle perched up on one of the tall trees. Jimin squinted his eyes, trying to focus on the bird. He realized that the eagles focus was right on him. It tilted his head before moving his head. Now, it was looking at something behind him. At that moment, he heard rustling in the bushes. 

Jimin's head snapped to the direction. His chest heaved up and down as he tried to located the movement. For a moment he thought it was Yoongi. But his instincts told him it wasn't. Jimin gulped wiping his eyes and pushing his hair away from above his eyes. 

Again he heard the rustling noise. This time it came from behind him. Jimin noticed a broken branch and picked it up. He knew that it would provide little to no protection but he felt a little more courageous with the stick in his hand. 

His heart beated furiously against his ribcage. His eyes blurring in and out because of the water droplets that were trickling down his face. Jimin tried to listen closely. He was able to catch low growls. 

Jimin's eyes widen seeing a black fur coat in between the leaves. 

A panther. 

The panther growled and jumped up on top of a falled tree. Its yellowish green eyes bore in Jimin's. And he wasn't sure how he was supposed to deal with it. Even if he could see properly without the trickling water there to bother him, it was unlikely he can deal with a panther. 

He tried to focus. Maybe use the powers he had newly acquired. 

But with his clothes sticking to his skin. Sweat mixing with the rain water. His hand trembling from the cold. It was hard to concentrate. 

The panther growled. It's eyes widen as it jumped down to the ground and slowly approach him. Jimin took a few steps backwards. Wanting to keep a safe distance between the panther and himself. Though, nothing was safe right now. 

The panther hissed jumped up on him. Jimin lost his balance and fell down. He put the stick between him and panther. The feline wanting to bite past the barrier between them. Jimin let out strangled sound trying to push off the animal off him. But its weight was too much for him. 

From the corner of his eyes, Jimin spotted a rock. He held up the stick with one hand and reached forward for the stone with his other. As soon as he grabbed it, he hit brought it down in direction of the panther's head. 

The feline moaned from it. Stumbling off Jimin. He took the chance, getting up on his legs and made a run for it. He heard the panther scream, and chase after him. Jimin noticed his stone glowing. He realized that all the roots and slippery mosses was moving away from under him right before his foot fell on the ground. He ran through the muddy forest floor. Jumping past the lowered branches. 

"Stop!" Jimin managed to yell. 

Unlike Yoongi who faltered in his movements, the panther seemed completely unaffected. He did slowerd down its speed. If anything, Jimin yells seemed to anger him ever more. And Jimin didn't have the slightest why the panther was chasing after him. 

Was it because that Jimin walked into its territory?

In that case, the panther should stop after it had chases Jimin out of the territory. But from the looks of it, the panther wasn't planning to stop until it had killed Jimin. His leg's started to hurt. The wound was repeatively getting rubbed against the ferns and leaves. The contact made an burning sensation.