Mean people

(Fievel's P.O.V.)
I held aunt Poll's hand as we walked through the street of Small Heath. We were on our way to go to my school. The elementary school of Small Heath. During the week dad always brings me and only picks me up on friday. Ada or Polly usually comes and picks me up from school. But sadly today dad had some business so he was to busy to bring me, so Polly was asked. I have been going to this school for about 2 months now. But I was not having so much fun here. I'm being picked on and pushed around by some of the other kids. This morning I threw a tantrum because I didn't want to go to school. Polly was having none of it and just ordered me to go to school. I didn't want to tell them what was happening at school because dad spoke very high about it. He and his brothers went to this school as well. So I didn't want to dissapoint him. Because of my tantrum we were running a bit late so I was basically being pulled by Polly. Eventually we arrived and I immediatly felt my stomach twist. Polly bent down and fixed my collar "alright now. Go have a good day". I looked at her with my best puppy eyes I could muster. But having a lot of nephews she saw all the puppy eyes in the world. She smirked. "Not gonna work, Filly" she said with a smirk and turned me around and pushed me towards the door. I walked towards it as I heard the bell ring. I turned around and waved bye before walking inside. I walked into my classroom and sat down on one of the seats, waiting for Mr Robinson to arrive. The other students talked with each other as I just sat silently in the room. Eventually Mr Robinson arrived and the classroom went silent. He pulled out the list of names so he can do attendance. I waited for my name to be called out. "Brian Saywer", "here" Brian replied raising his hand. "Fievel Shelby". I raised my hand "here".

Recess came around the corner and I hesitantly stepped outside. I looked around the yard, watching a lot of kids playing around. I went over to one of the walls of the school building and sat down. Just waiting for recess to be over. Thankfully the bell rang and everyone went inside with sad faces.

The last bell rang and I grabbed my stuff and walked to the door to get out the classroom. I grabbed my coat from the hanger and put it on. I grabbed the news-boy cap dad gave me and put it on my head aswell. Mine don't have razor blades in them like dad and my uncles have. I turned and walked towards the exit. But sadly Will, Paul and Brian stepped in front of the door. Giving me no chance to get out."please. Just leave me alone. I just want to go home" I replied. I tried keeping my fear under control but it was quit difficult. "Shut up" Brian screamed making me flinch, "please just let me pass" I begged. I was grabbed by my collar and was smashed against the wall. "I said shut up" he sneered at me. "You aint going home, Fievel or whatever your name is. Unless you give us some money" He explained, "you did the same thing yesterday. I don't have any on me today" I tried explaining it to them. "If it happened yesterday than why didn't you think to bring some money today" he said shaking me. "Please. Just let me go" I begged once again. "We aint moving" Paul said with a witty smirk. I started to get angry and pushed Brian away from me "get away from me!" I screamed. Instantly regretting my move as I saw all three of them look at me with angry looks. "You might have the Shelby name. But you aint one of them" Brian sneered as he slammed me against the wall once again and grabbed a hold of my throat. "I can't breath" I said loosing more air. Will chuckled before I felt the first punch being delivered. Brian pulled me closer to him before punching me in the face. I tasted blood meaning my lip got busted. I was grabbed from the wall and was thrown on the floor before getting kicked. Finally they left me alone after they got bored. I was scared again and wanted to go home. I sat up and wiped a tear from my face, but they kept coming. I stood up and walked outside. I made my way to the shadow waiting for someone to come pick me up. I spotted Ada. She was walking through the gates and was looking around for me. I stood up and ran towards her. She smiled once she saw me but stopped when she realized what was happening. She squatted down and opened her arms and I fell into them crying. She whispered calming words into my ears as she rubbed my back. She softly trailed her fingers over my cuts and gave me a pityfull look. "Good afternoon Mrs Thorne" Mr Walker said as he walked up to us. He is the owner and principal of the elementary school. Ada picked me up as she stood back up. "Good afternoon Mr Walker. Do you have any idea what happened to my nephews face?" She asked him as she pointed at me. I hid my face in Ada's neck as I saw Mr Walker look at me. "He probably just tripped again. We both know how clumsy he is" he answered as he shrugged his shoulders. I could tell that Ada wasn't buying any of it. "Let's hope for your and your schools sake that it was just him tripping and not something else" Ada replied making the principal gulp a bit. She walked away with me still in her arms, hugging her tightly.

Published: 24th of September 2020