44

"Just sleep. I can wash the dishes." 

After eating, I offered to wash the dishes for him because he was already looking tired. He gave me a slight nod and walked into my room again! I told him to stay in the guest room! I just sighed heavily before taking the plates from the table. Hindi na siya tumanggi ngayon, ah. Inaantok na siguro talaga siya. 

I washed the dishes and everything he used when he cooked before opening my room to check on him. My mouth formed an 'o' when I noticed that he had changed his clothes into a more casual one. Iyon pala ang laman ng backpack niya. He was already wearing a pair of sweatpants and a white shirt, peacefully sleeping on my bed, even hugging my pillow. 

I smiled by myself before sitting beside him on the bed. Humiga ako sa available space, but I kept a distance from him so I wouldn't wake him up. I just stared at his features and admired his face the whole time. I even moved my hand and lightly traced his eyebrows down to the tip of his nose. My eyes widened when he suddenly held my hand and moved it down. When I checked, he was still sleeping. 

When I tried to leave the bed, his grip on my hand tightened, so I just returned and fixed my position on the bed. It was fine. There was a pillow between us, so we wouldn't be that close, right? Minutes later, I also dozed off to sleep. 

I immediately woke up when I felt someone move beside me. When I opened my eyes, I saw Clyden's collarbone... Wait, what? 

Muntik na 'kong mauntog sa baba niya nang tumingala ako bigla para makita ang mukha niya, nagtataka. How the hell did we end up cuddling?! When I tried to look at his face, he was still sleeping with his arm below my head. My hand was on his waist, and the pillow between us was already on the floor! I moved my leg away from him carefully so I wouldn't wake him up. 

The view was so familiar. I used to wake up to this every morning while living together. Tuwing gigising ako, yakap niya 'ko. My favorite parts of the day were waking up with him and going home to him. 

His breathing was so calm, and he smelled so good! His perfume was addicting, so I stayed in that position for a few more minutes, cherishing the moment. My eyes widened when he moved his arm and pulled me closer, my lips touching his neck! Napatakip kaagad ako sa bibig ko at sinubukang lumayo pero mahigpit ang hawak niya sa 'kin. 

"Oh my gosh, did I just kiss his neck?" I whispered to myself. 

I looked at the digital alarm clock on my side table to check the time. It was already eight P.M.! We slept for six hours already! Dinner! I needed to prepare dinner before he could wake up! Dahan-dahan kong tinanggal ang yakap niya sa 'kin at bumaba ng kama. Good thing he didn't wake up from it. Pinalitan ko na lang ng pillow para hindi niya maramdamang nawala ako.

Nagluto na lang ako ng nilagang baka. Until I finished cooking, Clyden was still sleeping. He was really tired, huh? While waiting for the rice, I sat on the high chair and checked my social media. 

My photos with Clyden in the grocery and hospital were all over the internet, but it didn't bother me anymore. We were still normal people. We can go on dates too! We can like each other too! That shouldn't be considered as something controversial. We had already had enough of the public judging both of us. This time, we will live for ourselves.