➳ 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Yuqi sat in class, distracted as usual. The Mathematics class was positively killing her. She was never adept at math, or any subject save art, for that matter. Her true ambitions lie elsewhere, far away from school.

The only things that gave her at least a bit of enjoyment to wake up every day, get dressed and leave the house were her two best friends. Minnie and Soyeon.

Oh, and of course, him.

Lucas Wong.

Despite the never-existing communication between them, Yuqi still liked going to school just to see him. Even if he was always stuck with Yeji, the girl she hated the most.

She was also content with only watching his baseball practices, but now he seemed to be missing for weeks by.

When the bell rang, Yuqi was one of the first students to get out. And soon as she did, she was brutally thrown back.

"Watch where you going!" yelled the girl before her.

"S-sorry..." she said, rubbing her forehead. Her eyes lifted, and after seeing who it was, she wished she hadn't apologized at all.

The surprise and anger vanished from the girl's face. A smirk slipped across her lips. "Oh, Yuqi-ssi."

"Yeji."

"Where are you rushing to?"

Yuqi had to stop on her tracks and turn. "To look for my friends, why?"

"Ah, nothing. Have you found a partner for the school dance yet?"

During a pause, Yuqi raised an eyebrow. Reluctantly, she opened her mouth about to answer, when Yuji continued.

"I was wondering because my friend Mark is looking for a date. I'm going with Lucas, of course, so if you want, we can all go together."

Yuqi's vision got red, yet prayed to the heavens not to show off how much mentioning his name affected her.

"Uh, thanks, but I actually... I'm not going, so..."

"Are you sure?" Yeji stopped the girl once she started to walk away again. "Lucas is the one taking us."

"What- what does this have to do with me?"

Yeji kept smirking. "Oh. Nothing... but I heard somewhere you wanted to be friends with him."

Yuqi's eyes widened. How did she know that? And from who? Oh, she was going to kill her friends, that's for sure. Those two never learned how to keep their mouths shut.

Suddenly all irritation and thoughts left Yuqi as her vision turned away from Yeji and focused on the one person who just happened to be walking towards them.