Chapter 31: Over

Shadow roared in tremendous pain before falling to his knees as he continued to bleed custard. He then snapped his to the direction of his back and roared at Po, sending a beam of energy from his eye at her.

Po cried out in pain and tumbled to the ground.

Shadow then snapped his head back and ripped out the blade of the chainsaw from his chest. "I ORIGINALLY CAME TO DESTROY THIS PLACE AND TAKE A FEW CAPTIVES, BUT NOW I'M ONLY INTERESTED IN SLAUGHTER." He then summoned spider legs from his back and an extra pair of arms with bloody claws and then lunged at some of the injured until he was shot again.

Anne, Connor, and Ron rushed in and began shooting and attacking the demon.

Shadow growled before screaming at them and slashing Ron to the wall, grabbing Connor's sword and snapping it in half before tossing him onto Anne. Anne managed to push off Connor and then grabbed a grenade from the grenade belt she had around her and threw it at Shadow.

It exploded right in Shadow's face and the demon roared in pain.

Miles coughed a bit before getting an idea and then standing up and grabbing his knife. He then ran over to Shadow and then plunged the knife into Shadow's now injured and burnt face, specifically his eye.

"AHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Shadow roared as he stumbled around, trying to rip the knife out of his eye until Miles did it and then managed to cut off one of the blades of his spider legs and then tossed it near Walten.

Walten coughed before grabbing it and then stabbing Shadow directly through the chest.

Shadow finally couldn't take it and fell to his knees as he continued to bleed the infected custard. He was weak and now free for the true killing since he was in physical form.

Po was helped to her feet by Anne before she went to help Fiona bandage up Wes. Po then growled as she looked at the now bleeding demon. She grabbed her own knife and walked over.

Shadow breathed raspily and heavily as he looked up at Po.

"You killed my friends..."

Shadow chuckled. "I finished them through your friend's body...A-And I enjoyed...every s-single minute of it."

Po growled and then flipped the knife over. "Then I'm not gonna let you hurt anyone else anymore like you did me..."

"I may lose my physical form...But I won't die from this. I always have a backup plan." Shadow cackled before Po stabbed him and then the demon died, falling limp.

Walten walked over. "We...We killed him."

"We did it?" Ron asked.

Po smiled and then faced her friends. "We did!! Ohohoho! That was awesome!" She said. "Hehe, sorry. Not the right time."

Fiona and Anne then grabbed something from Wes' lab and put it over his arm. "There we go."

Wes was unconscious, but he would surely survive. Fiona held him close, but knew he would be ok.

"So...What now?" Connor asked.

Miles was about to say something before hearing a giant army began to march over. He turned around and saw the humongous amount of New Borns began to slowly march over to the base. Including Laa Laa and Tinky Tank. "Oh...That's what Shadow meant by back up plan."

"Get ready everyone." Walten said as he grabbed a gun and then heard every single solider come out and get ready to fight, with the cured New Born hiding behind Fiona and the unconscious Wes.

Miles threw aside his helmet and then loaded his rifle. "CHARGE!!!"

Everyone charged as they ran over to The New Born army, shooting their guns and killing each and every single one of them, and only capturing and containing any infected that could be saved by Wes' cure. They didn't stop fighting for what seemed like days. One by one, each New Born died, but more and more came. They were all killed as well. It was a bloodbath that meant the world was being saved. There was absolute chaos.

But then? The New Born army was completely destroyed. The war had gone to the Military.

2 years later...

So, long story short. The Superdome was destroyed by order of Walten and Po since it didn't bring many good memories and was basically a testing dome, and while their friends were being cured, they stayed with Ron at his old cabin that he lived at when not working. Miles was promoted to general, Wes made a new robotic arm for himself, Coral and Ben became rookies of the Military after their first encounters with The Arrow Tubby, and Pyro was saved from his infection, reuniting with his brother.

The reunion even made Po cry a little.

Speaking of Po, she was astounded and happy when her friends, her family turned back to normal. She no longer had many nightmares and was smiling brighter than ever. And being with The Guardian certainly helped that.

The world was better, and Walten and Po were happy. In a way, The Guardian kept his promise.

Po looked at the shimmering of the lake with a blissful sigh. Once again, she no longer felt tense or on edge. She felt free and relaxed.

Then, she heard footsteps and turned around to see Walten, shockingly without his hat. He smiled and sat down next to her. "Hiya."

Po pecked his cheek. "Hiya."

"What are you doing here all by yourself?"

"Well, the lake is beautiful looking today. I'm embracing the beauty!" She said proudly.

Walten smiled. "It does look really nice. Sometimes I can't believe I was stupid enough to keep hiding in my lair when I could've enjoyed things like this with all of you." He laughed.

Po held his hand. "Well, you're with me and you're with us now. So I don't think you need to feel stupid." She then smirked. "You only need to feel stupid for...THIS!"

Suddenly, she splashed water right in his face. Walten blinked and rubbed his eye before smirking. "Oh, and I would just feel terrible if I did THIS!" He splashed water back at her.

Po's face and red fluffy fur were now soaking wet. She giggled and then tackle hugged him into the water, splashing him in the face again.

"Hey! That's cheating!"

"Hugs aren't cheating!" She said before going underwater for a moment and then spitting out water at him. "THAT was cheating!"

Walten rolled his eyes before splashing her in the face again. "HA!"

Po rubbed her eyes. "You're so immature sometimes."

"Coming from the girl who thought a kiss was an act of friendship?"

"Oh, come on! I thought we were over that! That's not even immature, that was just silly!" Po exclaimed.

"Complain and pout all you'd like, love. It's not gonna convince me either way."

The two got out of the water before Po kissed him briefly, but just looked at him. "Goofball."