Chapter 10

Don't forget to vote!

Axarii's POV

"What do you mean you're thinking about going back?" While my two kids were out having fun with their father, I'm currently being yelled at by my best friend.

It's been a few hours since Xavier left to go get the kids and take them out for the night, giving me time to get Winston caught up on everything.

"I know how it sounds, but just put yourself in my shoes for a second! They deserve to meet the rest of their family. The shit going on between Xavier and I shouldn't have to affect them... and it'll be an opportunity for me to settle my own problems out at home." Winston's anger simmered down slightly as he became more understanding.

"But what about your house Rii? And your job?" I could tell that this was difficult for him to side with me, how frustrated he was.

"Well, technically this is your house since it's under your name and I'll have to talk with Mr. Collins about my position until we come back." He nodded as he listened before getting the remote to them on the TV.

"Does he know that you're planning on coming back here afterwards?" I slowly looked away from the screen and up at him to see that annoying smirk on his face. He already knew the answer.

"It's not up to him whether or not I come back. I'm my own person and these are my babies." I replied, hearing him laugh beside me before muttering, 'who's being the selfish one now?' making me slap the back of his head again.

"Damn it Axarii! You're about to give me a concussion." Ignoring his whines I snuggled against his broad arm, getting the memo he reluctantly wrapped his arm around me.

"I'm curious. If you weren't gay, what type of girl would you go after?" I don't know why but that question has been on my mind lately. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with him liking the same gender. I fucking love him for who he is.

It's just years ago he acted as if he worshiped all girls in high school but what do I know? We weren't as close back then.

"I'd choose someone like you. A girl that's smart, caring, funny, sometimes shy but persistent and knows what she wants, someone who doesn't mind opening up their ass cheeks once in a while." I didn't know it was possible to choke on air until he said that.

"I actually do mind! I open these cheeks when showering and cleaning my ass, not for a guy's penis to be shoved in!" A huge laugh escaped from Winston at my response.

"The point is," he started. "I've tried seeing what other guys see in females but it just didn't stick with me. Remember when I kissed you two years ago to see how I'd feel when I kiss a girl? Even though I knew you, it still didn't feel right. But when I'm with a guy it's just not even expl-"

"Wait.. so you're telling me that night at the bar, you're were just tricking me into letting you kiss me? Acting like you were drunk? You could've kissed any other woman in there that night!" He then ran his other hand through his dark locks as he realized he just told himself.

"That's another topic to discuss on another date." Before I could talk any further he got up with a innocent smile and quickly went into the kitchen.

What am I going to do with that guy?

Push him in front of a car maybe?

It was a few minutes later when my phone began to ring, getting up I see that it's Xavier calling. "Is everything alright? What's taking you so long to bring them back?" Stopping with the questions as I heard him sighing softly.