37: Blood

It was a forest that was familiar to her. It resembled the one in her pack, her old pack. It almost looked like she was back home, before the Bad Blood pack, before the True Alphas, before Jungkook and before her life turned upside down. Hani felt like it was the beginning of something, that something was about to begin right in front of her eyes. For the second time that day, the sound of hurried footsteps triggered her heart into a desperate heartbeat. Then, as if falling from the sky, a little girl ran past her.

The little girl was so small, you barely could spot her in the midst of the tall vegetation. Tears ran down her face rapidly and out of control, a look of absolute fear painted her features. Hani followed her with her eyes, intrigued at the small figure that resembled her own, when she was young.

In a swift move, perhaps a blink of an eye, the scenery had changed. The little girl was now bent down over someone. Her cries and screams echoed around the forest, bringing even the coldest of the hearts to an excruciating pain. A pain that Hani, for some reason, felt too vividly. She decided to come closer to the little girl. Hani stood behind the crying child and the scene in front of her froze her to the bones.

The little girl's hands were bloodied and even more blood painted her clothes. She cried non-stop, shaking the lifeless figure in front of her. She desperately tried to awaken them back to life, somehow. Hani could not see who that figure was, so she took another step closer. A final step.

It was her mom; Hani's mom. The one that the little girl was shaking aggressively, desperately, harshly, it was Hani's mom. Her figure was unrecognizable, her clothes were torn, her skin red and bloodied. Hani took a step back in shock, tears streamed down her face and her shaky hands hanged on the empty air. Her heart beat confused, fast in her chest, as if she had been there before. As if she had been in that exact situation. This couldn't be, Hani thought, repeated the words as a mantra in her head, so as to convince herself into shaking off the acknowledgement that, slowly, settled in her heart. 

Hani looked around in panic, searching for someone to ask for help. No one was in the woods, not even the smallest of creatures surrounded them. It was as if nothing happened, as if the universe refused to help the poor little girl. Hani still refused to believe that she was seeing her mom – bleeding to death. Her head hurt, similarly to an annoying headache that refuses to leave. It was like it was trying to tell her something but Hani was too blind to see it. The fear that was consuming her at that moment, blinded all of her senses.

"Hani"

It was a whisper, a small weak whisper. A whisper that could be mistaken by a gentle, unnoticeable, breeze. One that goes by insensible if you are not paying attention. Hani's eyes widened, noticing the barely breathing figure call out for her. Yet, it was not her who she was calling for. It was the little girl that still cried.

"Mom?"

Unconsciously, both the little girl and Hani replied. When even was the last time, she had called for her mom? Hani couldn't remember.

The little girl and Hani merged with each other. Both crying, both pleading and both replying to that one figure that they both called "mom". Hesitantly, Hani walked towards them. Noticing the way her mom's lips opened and shut, she was trying to tell her something – something that she needed to hear. Hani's legs barely could support the feeling of pain that her heart carried, at any given second, they would give up. The woman that perfectly resembled her mother, locked eyes with Hani.

A tsunami had caught Hani in its angry, violent, furious waves. For moments, she found herself trapped in those waves, just being tossed and swirled around like a toy. Suddenly, she couldn't breathe, her heart hurt. Something was putting pressure on her lungs and on her heart. Without realizing it, Hani was screaming and crying like the little girl – like she lived in her body. They both screamed for their mom, they both asked her not to leave. Hani reached her arms to hold her mother's lifeless body, the same way the little girl was doing. Before she could hug her mother one last time or for the first time in years, she was pulled away from that scene.