Chapter 7

Chapter 7
✩°̥࿐୨୧

    AURORA HUFFED AS SHE WALKED UP the mountain with the hybrid and brooding vampire. She hated exercising, but Klaus had refused to leave her in the car by herself, claiming that he didn't want her to run off. Apparently she was now his 'captive'. Aurora figured he was keeping her simply to torture her friends back in Mystic Falls. She wondered how Damon reacted to seeing her gone, or if Caroline had even been bothered to think of the girl. They hadn't spoken very much, but Aurora considered her a friend.

"You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan, fake concern in his tone. Aurora was behind the two, trailing a bit behind from her lack of stamina. She didn't know how much further she would be able to walk without taking a break.

"I'm fine." Stefan replied, Ray was still thrown over his shoulders.

Aurora raised an eyebrow at his reply, "You sure?" she asked breathlessly. She really needed to sit down.

Klaus looked back at her, and rolled his eyes at her huffing and puffing, but seemed to take pity on her. He stopped and knelt down a little, "Get on my back." he commanded. Aurora was hesitant, but after Klaus shot her a look that clearly said 'now', she obeyed. She wrapped her legs around his waist, his arms coming up to support her, and then wrapped her arms around his neck.

Once she was comfortably resting on his back, they continued walking again. "Thank you." she muttered. She was a little embarrassed that she had to be carried the rest of the way, but she wasn't going to complain. Klaus didn't say anything back to her.

"You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water, or a little sit-down..." Klaus told Stefan as he sent him a small smile.

Stefan nodded his head and gave him a tight smile, "You know, I get that we're, uh— we're stuck together, Klaus, but if we could maybe skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"He's just trying to be nice." Aurora defended. "No need to be rude."

Stefan looked over at her, a sharp glare in his eyes that made the red-head flinch back some. She knew he was angry at Klaus, but she just didn't understand why he couldn't try to make their time together more enjoyable. She glared right back at him, she was still upset that he had kidnapped her.

"So much brooding." Klaus said, "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." He didn't seem to be bothered by Stefan not wanting to talk to him.

      "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan replied.

     "Why are you hunting werewolves?" Aurora curiously questioned. Just as she asked the questions, they turned around the corner and came across what looked to be dozens of people. Most of them had backpacks on their backs, and seemed to be camping.

      "We found ourselves a pack." Klaus mused as he let Aurora down. "You might want to stay behind for this part, love." he said as he looked back at her. She nodded his head at his words and sat down behind a large tree so she couldn't see anything. She heard Klaus and Stefan walk into where the wolves were, and the chatter seemed to cease. As the commotion started, Aurora let out a deep sigh. It was going to be a long day.

✩°̥࿐୨୧

DAMON WAS ANGRY, NO, HE WAS furious. After Stefan had killed Andie, he had told his brother that Elena was his soulmate, and in retaliation, the hero-hair vampire had kidnapped Aurora. Now, he had just found out from Alaric that him and Elena were trying to hunt down Klaus and Stefan on their own. He hated that she wouldn't accept that Stefan was gone. Ripper Stefan wasn't someone Elena needed to be around, definitely after what he had told him, but Elena was determined to find the 'love of her life'. They were going to get themselves killed.