Chapter Seventeen

A knock on the door made Myra look towards it. "Come in." She called out to Brian and the others. 

The door to her room opened up and the boys walked inside with bags full of food she could smell. She was starving

"Alpha Elias said you wanted yesterday to yourself so we didn't want to bother you." Ryan started to say as he placed the bags on the floor and Brian closed the door behind them. "But today," he grinned at her, "today we are going to spoil you with chocolates and so much junk food that when you get to training, the first words Alpha Elias will say are 'what did you eat?'"  

Myra laughed as she smiled at them all. She was thankful they did not ask any questions about what happened. They would not push her into saying something she did not want to talk about. 

She had walked with Elias home and he had escorted her to her own room. He waited for her to walk inside but she wanted him to know how thankful she was for him. Myra had leaned up on her toes and kissed him softly. He had held onto her body that was burning a little but cooled at his touch. She had pulled away and with a smile on her face and a heart full of hope, she had walked into her room. 

Today, Myra had woken up with a fresh mind and a wolf that was hellbent on revenge just like her. She was going to train with Elias later on but she had spent most of her day in her room, trying to strengthen her core by doing a workout. 

"Are we going to watch movies?" She asked them as she stood up from her vanity table and walked towards her bed. Brian nodded, sitting on the ground near the other boys who made themselves comfortable. 

Myra laid on her stomach, staring at the TV that was hung on her wall. Ryan had the remote in his hands as he climbed onto the bed besides her. He laid down on his stomach and glanced at her. 

"What do you want to watch?" He asked her, as the boys pulled out food from the bags, handing her a can of coke and chocolates. As if they knew what she needed. 

"Something funny." Myra shrugged her shoulder. She wanted to laugh. 

"Identity Thief, it is." Kyle chuckled as he took the remote out of Ryan's hands who winked at him. Andy handed her a vanilla ice cream tub with a spoon which smiled gratefully at her. Josh closed the lights and the curtains, darkening the room before sitting on the floor besides Andy. 

Myra opened her tub of ice cream as the movie started. 

One question. Are you okay? Ryan asked her softly in her mind, without even removing his eyes from the screen. 

She smiled to herself as she replied. Better than okay. 

She was ready to learn how to kill someone. She didn't want to learn the basics anymore. Myra knew her days were limited if she did not fight back. Alpha Jackson was screaming through their bond that she had shut out and pushed so far away, there was barely an echo of his voice. 

Every day, Myra felt the tug back to her old pack. The mate bond was powerful yet there was something in the Crystal Blood Pack that called to her. She didn't pay any attention to it though. To the unknown voices that pleaded in her mind to return. 

She was not strong enough yet. Myra was going to learn how to be a killer so she could kill her abusers with a simple flick of her fingers. She had enough and for the first time in her whole life, she was ready to live. For Elias, for herself. 

***

Myra noticed him first. Elias stood outside the packhouse, his white shirt unbuttoned and flowing in the wind, letting her take a peek at his glorious body. She felt butterflies fluttering inside of her and couldn't keep the smile off her face when he turned to face her.