CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ━ THE WANTED

(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.) 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃
❝ BUNCH OF REAL GODDAMN HEROES. ❞

 ❞

After Diego's failed attempt at saving the president and after Five and Luther failed to retrieve a briefcase, the group now stood in Elliott's place, watching the TV as the news reporter named their names.

"And finally, Klaus," the man lastly named, "the controversial cult leader and known tax evader. The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy, who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..."

"Well, it's true," Five said. "I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days."

"Why didn't Poet and Paris appear along with us?" Vanya questioned, eyebrows furrowed together. "They were seen with us, right?"

"It's better that way," Diego mumbled, glancing down at his girlfriend who was chewing on her bottom lip. He sighed and placed an arm around her, though, his eyes were fixated on the TV. "God, I hate that photo."

"They're saying I instigated the riot?" Allison asked before scoffing. "That's unbelievable."

"Look," Luther started, "the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday. So—"

"Yeah, a bunch of real goddamn heroes," Diego commented. "We let Kennedy die."

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world," Allison said. "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."

"Well, where are we supposed to go?"

"I have this yurt outside Reykjavik," Klaus replied, ascending down the stairs.

"Or, I can take you to Aunt Poet's home country," Paris said before his eyes widened with realization when he realized what he said. "Um, I think I just told them—"

"It's fine," Poet chuckled, staring at her nephew. She turned to look at the others. "I'm not actually from here... I was born somewhere else but was brought to America around the age of 10. I was originally born in Sokovia since my parents were traveling there for business, though, my country was... the worst and we fled."

"I've never heard of a Sokovia," Luther furrowed his eyebrows.

"No one has," Poet continued. "It's a country in Central-Southeastern Europe, bordered by Slovakia."