22 | being a brat

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

jeongguk was excited.

not only could he skip school, but he was finally doing something fun!

after his life being filled with so many boring days, he was ready for some excitement in his life.

he woke up with a smile and threw his covers off of him, dashing out the room and bursting into the kitchen.

"good morning, hyung!" he exclaims, plopping down into a seat with his hands politely intertwined at front.

taehyung quirked up a brow at his unusual behaviour, normally the boy would be sulky and looking grouchy and he cursed the concept of school under his breath. what's changed?

"good morning." the older replies, putting a plate that carried an omelette and toast, along with a glass of milk. "eat up. you need it for today."

jeongguk's smile just widened and he happily munched on the meal. taehyung must be talking about all the missions and tasks he has planned out for the two of them today! just the thought of all the possible things they could do was making jeongguk do a little dance in his seat.

"so, what are we going to do?" jeongguk inquires while stuffing a fork filled with the battered egg into his mouth.

taehyung looks a little confused.

"we?" he questions, brow once again raised as he tapped his fingers on the marble top of the counter. "what do you mean, we?"

jeongguk's bright face drops.

this wasn't good.

"um, yeah? you said i could help you today..." he trailed off, chewing on his lower lip as he watched the older with big anticipating eyes.

taehyung furrowed his brows while looking down at his hands, digging through his memory.

"oh." he remembers what the younger was referring to, and his face soon morphs into that mocking grin and familiar amusement twinkling in his eyes. "darling, i was kidding."

jeongguk's stomach plummets, his enthusiasm fizzling out as he slumps into his seat.

"wh-what?" he choked, face painted with a puzzled look.

taehyung rose up from his seat, long legs extending to his full height, then started to clear off the dishes. the luxury of a silver chained watch wrapped around his wrist as the veins in his hands flexed. 

jeongguk gulped.

"jeongguk." the older's voice was stern. serious. "get ready for school."

the younger's lips parted in both shock and disappointment. w-why? taehyung said that he wouldn't have to go! jeongguk convinced him yesterday! taehyung said that he could get a man to do anything!

"b-but–" he stuttered, eyes following the older's movements around the kitchen. maybe... maybe taehyung was joking?

"we leave in ten minutes. go get ready." taehyung's back was turned against him, but his voice was still loud and clear. the younger knotted his brows together, growing a little frustrated. he was told that he wouldn't have to go to that hellhole! why was taehyung changing his mind all of sudden?!

"but you said that i wouldn't have to go!" jeongguk's tone came off a little high-pitched, like a loud whine. taehyung halted in his steps.

the taller male nicked his head to the side, the cracking of his bones heard in the large framed room. then he pulled his shoulders back, rolling his muscles making them strain against the thin fabric of his white long-sleeve that cuffed around his wrists.

then he turned his head.

jeongguk's gaze was transfixed on him. whatever taehyung did, it was like the younger couldn't keep his eyes off of him. like he wasn't allowed to.

he didn't want to either.

"stop being a brat. go get ready. now." taehyung's eyes were clouded with a certain darkness that dug down to the bone. but jeongguk bit down on his lower lip, springing up from the chair so that it flew and crashed down backwards. 

he was mad.

how can taehyung just go back on his word like that?! that's so unfair!

"no! screw you!" the teen shouted, ready to turn around and race into the safety and comfort of his room.

"jeongguk." taehyung's tone was low, spoken in a warning that was supposed to make jeongguk think real carefully about his next move. but the teenager had already sealed his fate when he took off in the opposite direction, stomping his feet.

he dashed towards his bedroom, panic spiking in his heart when he hears taehyung's footsteps behind him.

his body jumps into flight mode. jeongguk leaps into the walls of his room before spinning around and slamming the door shut, pressing his entire body weight against it as his heart violently pounds against his ribcage. the poor boy is panting and he quite literally feels his blood pump through his veins. 

jeongguk couldn't believe it. the foreign emotion that rattled through his bones overtook him.

this had never happened before. 

"you've really done it now, cupcake." the eerie dark voice growled from the other side of the door–the only thing protecting jeongguk right now. "open the fucking door, jeongguk. before i need to break it down myself."

the teen whimpered, lowering his head. 

he knew that one way or another, taehyung was going to get in. no matter how hard he tried to stop him.

but still, his heartbeat was erratic, his legs unstable and he felt a certain stinging behind his eyes as he tried to silence any more whimpers falling from his lips by biting down on them.

he heard an annoyed sigh coming from the older on the other side. and not even a second later, jeongguk's body was thrown forward at the impact of the door swinging open after taehyung used a powerful sidekick to bust it open.

the teen tumbled forward onto his knees, a sob broke out of his lips and the built-up tears in his eyes spilt down his cheeks. he didn't want to get up, he didn't want to face the other.

he just stayed there, a helpless crying pile on the floor. 

taehyung didn't waste any more time before grabbing jeongguk's upper arm and practically yanking him up on his feet.

"save those tears for later, darling." the taller's smile stretched out wide on his face into that lunatic look that jeongguk despised so much. 

"you're going to need them."

end of 22

lol whatzeven goign on anymroe