𝐭𝐰𝐨

"Come on Lola, that's it," Melissa coos, watching as Lola, formerly known as Amara, takes her first few steps. Melissa had adopted the young girl straight away, giving her a daughter. The young girl got on straight away with Scott, Melissa's son. Although they both couldn't talk yet, the often giggled in each others presence, and could often be found holding each others hand as they slept.

Lola was currently taking her first steps, her small feet being put one in front of the other. She practically collapases into Melissa's arms, who picks up and swings Lola around. Rafael McCall watches from the sofa, a sour look on his face. He hadn't been happy about accepting Lola into the household, and the fights with Melissa McCall were getting worse.

"Rafael, can you go grab some more things from the store please? Just some milk, eggs, and bread, we're running low," Melissa calls out as she bounces Scott. Rafael makes a grunt that sounds similar to a yes, and leaves the room. Melissa sighs, grabbing Lola her stuffed toy as she desperately tries to stop Scott from crying.

She knew it was going to be hard work raising two children. But that wasn't going to stop her. She was Melissa McCall.

☆。*。☆。

"Leave me alone," a five year old Lola screams, tears running down her cheeks as she runs from the people chasing her. She couldn't believe it. Her whole life was a lie. She ran to her small hiding place in the woods, her small body shaking as she tried to stop her sobs. Control your breathing. In and out. In and out.

In and out.

"Lola, where are you?" she can hear her mother, no she isn't her mother, call. She doesn't respond. She wanted to be alone. It was best to be alone.

"I...I... j...just want t...to be a...a...alone," Lola hiccups, drawing her knees up to her chest. If she curls into a ball, maybe she wouldn't be bothered.

"Ok sweetie, just exit the woods when you're calmer, and I'll be waiting," Melissa comforts, and Lola can here the crunching of the leaves as she walks away. She tries to calm herself down, but she can't seem to do it. Count to ten, that's what her mum taught her.

10.

9. Deep breaths Lola, deep breathes.

8.

7. Your life was a lie.

6.

5. Calm down.

4.

"Excuse me, you're in my favourite spot," a soft voice comes from outside the leaves, "Oh, are you crying? What's wrong?" Lola looks up slowly to see a girl no older than herself stood there. She had light brown hair, and big brown eyes, a few shades darker than her hazel eyes. She bends down slowly and engulfs Lola in a hug, her brown eyes full of innocence.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" she whispers, wiping the tears away with her thumb.

"My mummy isn't my mummy, she a...a...adopted me," Lola cries, the girl gasping softly.

"Oh that's terrible. But she must love you very much to adopt you. I'm Malia Hale," the girl whispers, holding out her hand. Lola looks from the hand back to the girl, before shaking it firmly.

"I'm Lola McCall."

☆。*。☆。

"What do you mean? You're leaving?" Lola cried, swaying with Malia as they embraced each other. It had been the most terrible year ever. It started off with Lola finding out she was apparently a witch, and she would be attending Ilvermorny in September, which meant she would have to leave Malia and Scott. She had cried for days when she realised she wouldn't be going anywhere with Malia and Scott anymore, and they would all branch away from each other. They would get their own new friends, and Lola would be left behind. Scott's best friend was a crazy boy called Stiles. He was extremely funny, and always listened to what Lola had to say. He was very kind, though he was hyperactive, and had buckets of energy.

If the year couldn't get any worse, it turned out her birth family wasn't dead, and had just given her up. They didn't want her. They would never want her. She was, and always would be, an outcast. Lola didn't know what to feel. Part of her wanted to find her birth family, and rip them to pieces. They didn't deserve to be related to her. She was livid at the fact they had given her up, and were simply carrying on with their normal lives.

Another part of Lola wanted to cry and cry until there were no tears left. She wanted to disappear under her covers and never come out. Why wouldn't they want her? Was she an ugly child? Was it because she was a witch? Or was she just useless? Malia had often said, 'I don't want to say I'm glad they gave you away, but I'm glad they gave you away. If they didn't, we wouldn't be best friends, and Scott wouldn't be your brother.' The more Lola though about it, the more she realised Malia was right. She and her were inseperable, and her and Scott were as close as brother and sister could be.

And then there was the Hale fire. The Hale's were a second family to Lola, and took her in as a daughter. They eventually told her about them being werewolves, when it was clear Lola and Malia had no intention of not being friends. This resulted in Lola trying to find out everything about the supernatural that she could. The Hales didn't have much information on witches and wizards. They had magic, but not a magical core like Lola, which meant they couldn't use a wand and attend a school like Ilvermorny. Lola knew exactly what had happened. Hunters, more specifically Kate Argent, had used Derek and set fire to the Hale house. 11 were trapped inside, only Peter Hale making it out alive. He was now suffering with severe burns in hospital, and due to his werewolf abilities, he had places himself in a self-induced coma. Derek and Laura Hale, Malia's cousins, had been at school at the time, along with Malia, so they were all fine, but in a state of shock and grief. Lola knew exactly why they were leaving, but that didn't stop her been any more sad.

"I'm sorry, but we have to go," Malia whispers, rubbing small circles on Lola's back. The two stand in silence for a minute, and Lola can hear the birds chirping away.

"I'll see you again," Lola says suddenly, wondering if Malia remembered their 'cute little thing' as Peter Hale put it.

"Whether in another country or not," Malia carries on.

"In 10 years or a 100 because-"

"I love you."