Butterflies?

*You know that I know you were. There's no point denying it.* I got a reply.

Could I embarrass myself anymore?

*Okay I was. But it is really not that big of a deal I guess.* I replied almost immediately.

Girl show some dignity and take at least five seconds to respond.

Okay whatever. I need to calm down.

My phone vibrated again. But this time I take a bit longer to reply back.

*Well it is okay.* It read.

What should I say now?

I guess I won't drag this 2 minutes conversation anymore so I decided not to respond to his last message.

Being the silent stalker that I am , I click on his profile.

Girl he is cute.

Okay so Nick Condor is his name and he is an engineering student at University of California. He hasn't shared anything more, maybe he is more of a private person.

I kept my phone aside and started preparing to go to bed. I knew there is going to be no more messages, not that I am expecting anything.

Before going to bed I re-check my phone just in case I have any notifications. There were none.

Disappointed? Mini me asked me.

Not at all.

***
Today is my first day of my senior year and I can't be anymore excited. I have an internship to do and also a project to submit at the end of the session. This year is going to be my year.

I meet Lisa at the front gate. She is wearing her jeans and a hoodie with dirty sneakers.

"What took you so long?"she asked as we walked towards the hallway.

"I was just making sure I did everything that I wrote in my planner yesterday." I said showing her my planner.

"Of course you and your planned life." She rolled her eyes and we went inside the class.

We sat next to each other as everybody waited for Ms. Collins to come. She is our physics teacher. As always Lisa looked least interested in the class.

As I looked towards the door, one person that I hate the most walks in and that has to be Ashley. She is the meanest person I have known in my 17 years of life. Except the boys from the basket ball team and her "bffs",  she is rude to everyone and obviously she is the cheerleader of the team. Half of the guys in our class have a crush on her despite her selfish behaviour.

"This is probably the worst start of my day so far." Lisa said that loud enough so that Ashley could hear but she is not looking towards her.

I had to try my best not to laugh at Lisa's comment.

"Get up." Ashley blurted out to Nike who was sitting on a bench in the second row.

He simply got up and found himself another place to sit. She takes a seat there. Paul, captain of school's basketball was sitting right next to that seat. Obviously, she wanted to flirt with him.

Ms. Collins walks in and the lesson ends quickly. This year we had to join any of the clubs and find an internship for ourselves. So after the classes Lisa, Austin and I went to complete the club's registration process. Austin is the only guy friend that I have and he is a sweetheart.

We became friends back in the 7th grade when I helped him in his science project. I joined the IT club, Lisa gets into the sport's club and Austin signs in for the design club.