Chapter 18

Meg POV

Peter lead me by the hand though the woods. I didn't recognize this part of Neverland, and I hope Peter is taking me somewhere safe.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a secret," Pan replied.

Didn't we just have this conversation?

"Please tell me Peter." I urged.

"I'm not saying, but you will love it trust me." Pan looked back at me and smiled as we continued to move through the woods.
We passed the lost boys camp and I cringed. That's where Peter died.....
Thankfully, Pan didn't stop there. We kept moving and crunching though the brush. The trees were starting to get thinner as we moved closer and closer to the edge of Neverland.

"Are we going to skull rock?" I asked a little surprised.

"No of course not. I wouldn't be caught dead in that place ever again." He shivered.

"Why? What's so bad about it?" I asked.

"It's where Neverland's magic was stored, but when it ran out, I almost died. My powers were based on the magic here. I don't see how I lived, but I did."

I stopped walking and looked at Peter. I was so confused.

"I don't get it..." I said.

Peter stopped and turned to face me. "That's why I needed Henry. I brought him here when he was 11 or 12, because he had the heart of the truest believer. I wanted his heart so I could have eternal immortal life." Peter tried to explain.

"So that's why you kidnapped my brother? You wanted to live and have him die so you could have power? Magic? Why? What's the point? Magic only hurts people, and you should know that more than anyone from what we just went through." I gestured back towards the woods where the camp would have been.

"I know Meg. Magic isn't everything, and now since I've found you, it isn't anything anymore. I want you, not magic." He grabbed my waist and pulled my closer to him so we were chest to chest.

"I want you too." I breathed out and suddenly forgot about everything we were just talking about. My eyes were half closed as Pan held me. He kissed my neck and slowly made his way up to my lips. I breathed short breaths every time he kissed me.

Peter leaned back from his kisses and whispered, "do you want to go?"

"Go where?" I whispered back a little more high pitched then I wanted to.

"To the surprise..." Pan smiled.

"Oh yea......let's go.." I said softly and Pan grabbed me hand once again as we continued to track through the woods.

"We are almost there." Peter said and smiled at me.

"Good cause I'm tired of walking." I said and giggled.

Pan chuckled and pushed a branch out of the way. He held it until I walked passed and he let it go and it whipped back to its original position.

I began to see moonlight poking through the trees and I could tell the trees were ending soon. I also smelled sea water, so we were probably close to the ocean.

"What is this place?" I asked.

Peter pushed back the final branch separating me and the mystery place. I took a step forward and gasped.

We were on top of a giant cliff, and the ocean was right below us, I could see skull rock in the distance, and pillars of rock stood tall above the water as if they were having a race to get to the sun. They were covered in moss and different types of plants. I looked down to the ocean and saw a small cove.

"This," Peter smiled and put his hand on my shoulder, "is NeverLookout."

I looked over the land once again and I said, "it's amazing."

"I knew you would like it." Pan smiled.

"I love it..." I sighed. I saw Pan start to sit down on the very edge of the cliff. His legs were dangling off the side of the cliff and he was swinging them back and forth.
I kneeled down and sat next to him. He put his arm around me, which automatically sent electricity through me. I leaned into his chest and took a deep breath.

"Look it's Peter Pan!" I heard a high pitched voice say from down in the cove. How I'm the world was someone able to yell that loud to get Peter to hear them from all the way up here?
I looked down to where the voice came from. I saw someone perched on a rock in the small cove.

"Hey Crystal!" Peter called down to her.

That's when I saw it.

Crystal pulled the rest of her body onto the rock.

She was a mermaid.

"Hi Peter Pan!" She giggled.

I jealousy run through me. This girl obviously had a crush on Peter.
Peter shook his head and smiled down at her.

"She's crazy." He said to me and I forced a laugh. I was not letting him see the face that I was jealous of a thing that had a tail instead of legs.

I looked back down at the rock, but the mermaid was gone.

Good, I thought, go back to the clam you came from.

I leaned back up against Peter and he wrapped his arms around me.
I almost fell asleep against him. I was so tired and this was the most crazy and emotional night of my life. I felt my self dozing off when I heard Peters voice.

"You sleepy?" He asked and I could since him smiling at me.

I opened my eyes slowly and said, "yea.." and sighed.

I felt Peter hold me closer to him and squeeze my shoulder. I smiled to myself.

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

--------•--------

I woke up suddenly with butterflies in my stomach. Wind was rushing through my hair and I realized I was about to fall. I snapped my eyes open in shock and turned to face Peter who was still asleep. I was in a different position than when I went to sleep, and that must be the reason I am about to fall. Gah I knew I was to close to the edge.

"Pan!" I cried out in panic. I saw Pans eyes pop open and widen with shock and panic.

"MEG?!?" I heard Pan call before I fell of the side of the cliff. I reached my hand up in panic and I felt Peters fingers trying desperately to grab mine,but they didn't.
I fell.
It was the longest couple seconds of my life. All I saw was a blur of gray as I fell down and down. I screamed the entire time. Panic rushed though me, and I braced for the strong impact on the ocean water which will surely knock me unconscious and I will sink and drown and die.

So, I braced for impact....

But the impact never came.

_____________________________________________________
A/N: hey guys((:
Sorry it was a short chapter but I will update soon!
I love all of you so much! We are so close to 1k reads😍