CHAPTER ONE.

CHAPTER ONE,
wake up !

𝗶𝗳 𝗶 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗴𝗼 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗱𝗱𝘀𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗶 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁

𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗱
𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗱𝗱𝘀
𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗶 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁

Davina and Jonathan sat in the ballet room during her free period. She had wrote a song and she wanted him to hear it.  Him and Julie had been the only people she would perform for.

"So to what do I owe the pleasure of spending my only free, last, period at school?" Jon said emphasizing the words but all Davina did was roll her eyes.

"Shut up before I not let you hear the song." She joked, as she got out her phone. The dance room of course wouldn't have a piano, so she played the recording of the melody on her phone.

"I'm excited now." Jonathan winked causing her to laugh before waiting for the intro.

"Seems like a part of me will always have to lose, every single time I have to choose. Swore that it felt right but was I wrong? Is this where I'm supposed to be at all." She sang as the song continued.

"On the other side of all I've had and lost. Would it be enough, or would I still be wondering?" Davina sang as the song crescendoed. "If I could go back and change the past, be a little braver than I had."

"And bet against the odds, would I still be lost? Even if I woke up in my dreams, would there still be something I'm missing? If I had everything, would that mean anything to me?" Sang Davina as she continued on and finished the song

When she opened her eyes she noticed Jonathan was staring at her, eyes wide. He knew she could sing but this song complimented her voice all too well.

"Wow, Vina, that was so good!" He said with a big smile on his face. "You have to perform at the rally."

"I just write songs for fun. I don't think I could ever perform again without thinking of-" Davina started before cutting herself off.

"I know you miss her. She was your mother. But you can't give up your talent!" He exclaimed.

"If you keep saying this, I'm gonna stop showing you my songs." She said rolling her eyes, trying to steer the subject away from her performing.

"Yeah well let's go get food." He said sensing her subject change. She smiled gratefully that he knew her so well to do that.