Chapter 2: The Grand Staircase

"Do we even bother to study for exams this year?" Belle asked

"Do we even bother to study for exams this year?" Belle asked. Amora looked over, confused.

"What do you mean?" Aaron asked, poking at some Yorkshire pudding with his spoon.

"I mean," Belle yawned, "Do we study for OWL's or wait for Harry Potter to pull another end of the year stunt and get exams cancelled?"

Amora snorted Pumpkin juice out of her nose, causing the Slytherin table to collapse in laughter.

"Nice one sis!" Tyler called from down the table and Amora playfully rolled her eyes before throwing a licorice wand at him.

"Alright but are we going to talk about the train ride?" Aaron asked, frowning.

"Yeah, the dementors were pretty scary I guess", Amora said, shrugging the chills she got off.

"What about you and Pretty Boy Diggory?" Belle asked, smirking. Amora's shocked expression said it all as Aaron and Belle exchanged a sly glances.

"He saved me from the dementors, that's all," Amora mumbled into her plate, stuffing some chicken in her mouth.

"Then why is he looking at you right now?" Aaron grumbled to his sister. Amora craned her head to peek around and noticed that Cedric was looking right at her. She gave him a shy smile and he blushed aggressively before turning back to his own meal. Why was this girl making him feel like this? He knew that there were a lot of attractive girls at Hogwarts, but only one had ever really stood out to him over the years. Cedric smiled to himself, wondering if this was the year he finally got closer with Amora.

"What's up with you?" Cedric's best friend, Ned, asked him. Cedric looked up and out of his daze, staring at his two best friends. Rey was still clearly shaken up from the whole dementor experience, but now she was happily eating apple pie.

"He likes that Slytherin girl," Rey whispered to Ned. Ned's eyes practically popped out of his skull as Cedric glared at Rey.

"Really Rey? Really?" Cedric groaned.

"I-I'm so sorry, I thought h-he already knew," Rey stammered out, covering her head with her hands.

"Hey, hey I'm not really upset alright? Don't worry about it," Cedric smiled softly, resting a hand on his friend's shoulder.

Him, Ned, and Rey had grown very close ever since she was sorted into Hufflepuff. Rey had been through many relationships, each worse than the last. The Ravenclaw Ben Ferry was the last straw for the group, because when Rey came back to the Common Room fourth year with a black eye from him who was her current boyfriend, Cedric and Ned went to go find him. To say the least, Ben had to spend a week in the Hospital Wing. The trauma that came with the relationships never seemed to leave, as Rey was now scared of practically everything. Luckily, Ned and Cedric were there to protect her and talk with her, something she was extremely grateful for.