VII: let me inside, wish i could get to know you

"Sunflower, my eyes

Want you more than a melody

Let me inside,

Wish I could get to know you."

 Sunflower Vol. 6, Harry Styles

word count: 26.6k

content/warnings: another good dose of denial, Fajita Friday with a side of blended margs, waking up on the wrong side of the coffin, brutal analysis of Niall's non-existent love life, ribeye!y/n x rotisserie chicken!harry, a horrible impersonation of Bob Barker, "Are you there, God? it's me, Harry," degradation, the violation of worksafe laws through the improper use of a ladder, mild pain kink, Alexa play 'kiss it better' by rihanna, and the rise of kinkrry (dir. j.j. abrams)

don't forget to check out the preface, i posted a "meet the characters" section with some info about everyone in the story!  enjoy!

As Harry climbs up the stairs to Y/N's apartment the next Friday night with a bag containing tequila, orange liqueur, and limes clutched within his jeweled hand, there are two thoughts flickering through his mind

The first, which weighs more heavily on the vampire, is if Y/N prefers her margaritas blended or over ice, as Harry feels that tells a lot about a person, and it would be such a disappointment to realize now that Y/N isn't a fan of the blended beverage. The second, which should weigh more heavily on his mind if he had his priorities sorted out, is how Y/N had managed to convince him to let her cook dinner for the two of them.

In reality, it hadn't actually taken much convincing on the mortal girl's part at all. When she messaged him on her lunch break earlier that day, asking what he was up to that night, Harry had sat up on his couch, drawing Niall and Xander's attention to him in a confused manner. He'd stared at the message for only three seconds before opening his phone and pressing on her contact name. The action had come so easily to him that he didn't even think about hiding his eagerness to speak to her, and instead pressed his phone tight to his ear as the other line rang three times before she picked it up.

"Harry?" Her confused voice rang through his phone speaker, the sound of the bustling cafe apparent in the background. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, love. I just, uh...just wanted to talk to you, s'all." Harry had replied, shushing the questions he could see hanging off of Niall and Xander's lips. "How's work today? Busy?"

"As busy as it always is on a Friday afternoon." Y/N answered with a sigh, and a small smile tugged at the corner of Harry's lips as he heard a loud slurp through the phone, leading him to picture a stressed out Y/N sipping the last remnants of her iced latte. "But I'm over halfway through my shift, at least, so... it's all downhill from here. In a good way."