Chapter 6- Bad Boy Surprises

(Chapter 6- Bad Boy Surprises)

I stand in front of the mirror trying to tame my hair but with no luck whatsoever so I finally give in and put it into a simple ponytail. I don't know why of all days it has to choose today to be unmanageable. It's just my luck.

I suppose you're wondering why today is so important. Well after Brody and I got back from our little visit with his parents yesterday my parents insisted on having them over for dinner tonight. As I think about it I can't help but roll my eyes. Seriously these people never get up. It's all about forging ahead in the business world in my family, well at least to my dad and sister anyway. Mom just likes to make an impression.

I walk into my closet and pick out a nice outfit that will please my mom or that I think will and put it on. I easily decided on a pair of blue shorts and a white blouse. Yeah, not the most sexy look but that's not what I'm going for anyway. I finish by slipping on a pair of matching flats and I'm on my way to the dining room for dinner.

"Not in here, in the living room." Mom scolds as soon as I enter the kitchen.

I quickly hold up my hands and mumble a quick sorry and exit to the living room.

I sigh forgetting about the show we have to put on for important guests. We all have to line up in front of the door and greet them kindly, the picture of a perfect family.

Dad and Heather are both setting on opposite ends of the couch and watching some television show as I slump down in the corner and sulk. I was really hoping that I would get today to just relax a little and read a good book or something before going back to school tomorrow. It was my last good day before I had to go back and see the jerk that cheated on me and stomped on my heart.

Ok I gotta think of something else before I get depressed again. There are more important things to think about now than him.

The door bell rings breaking me from my thoughts and we all stand. I sigh taking my place next to heather while she straightens out her clothes to make sure she's looking her best. No that she has to try, she always does. Mom rushes in to stand with us and dad then opens the door.

"Rick, how are you?" Dad smiles shaking his hand. "Come in."

As they all pile in dad closes the door behind them and takes Mr. Bauer's jacket. While dad introduces us I find it hard to concentrate on anything else but Brody's eyes. There just holding me there. I quickly take in his appearance once I'm able to break free of his stare and am utterly shocked.

He is not in his normal bad boy attire but his instead he is in a pair of dark jeans and a dress shirt with his hair perfectly fixed that makes me want to melt. Sure he was always hot before but this....this is something else entirely. What happened to my bad boy.

Ah there I go again with the 'my bad boy' stuff again. What is wrong with me? Maybe I should seek some professional help. I could picture it now.

'Mrs. Bryant what can we help you with?'

'Well.....you see there is this really hot bad boy at my school that I can't stop ogling and I don't want to like him....oh and I keep calling him my bad boy. Can someone help me with that?'