• 126 •

Author's Note: The last side character to be introduced! Once again, head over to the SLS server or to my Ko-fi profile to check out the last side character!

The feels coming in strong for the friendship between Xue, Veau and K'xug for this chapter.

The lyrics of this song somewhat defines the friendship between them. Give it a listen if you want to ^_^.

Hearing the straightforward answer from Veau, Xue scoffed. 

It really was because of revenge. 

Revenge…

Xue started to recall the camaraderie he had between the three of them; just him, K’xug and Veau. The memories flashing past his mind unwillingly, and he gritted his teeth.

He remembered their drinking sessions and inside jokes. 

He remembered Veau’s ridiculous pranks that he got accustomed to.

He remembered the “ever-serious” mask of K’xug breaking because of Veau. 

There were also the times they spent sparring with one another.

The times that he spent sneaking out of the heavenly palace to visit his parents, with Veau and K’xug joining in to help.

The spear on Xue's hand started to tremble, hurt flitting past his grey eyes. 

"After trampling on our friendship and my sincerity towards you, don't you think--" Xue inhaled sharply, trying to control his anger and pain as his voice trembled. "Don't you think you owe me an explanation? Veau?!"

Veau remained silent, his smile dropping from his face as he looked away. 

"You will regret it, Veau."

Veau remembered the words from Valoel, the old angel that lived like a hermit in the heavenly mountain. 

Just like Xue, he was unwillingly thrown back into the past. 

He couldn’t deny it. 

There was a part of him that enjoyed the time he spent with Xue and K’xug.

He couldn’t deny it either. 

There was a part of him that felt that...

It stings. 

Veau sighed, closing his eyes as he covered his face with his palm. 

“Answer me!” 

“I don’t owe anyone any explanation, whether it is K’xug, Hana, and my brother,” Veau brought his hand down from his face, stating coldly. “Or even you.” 

Xue lunged for Veau without hesitation. 

Of course, the current Xue was no match for Veau. Veau avoided his spear easily, but Xue was persistent. 

“You are a real bastard!” Xue roared. “A bastard that really is a demon and the devil itself!” 

“Tell me something I don’t know.” 

Xue did not stop in his attacks, despite all of them missing. It seemed like Veau did not even bother to counter his attacks. 

“I…I…” Xue struggled out, feeling a surge of strength come through him and he threw in his rage into this attack. “I trusted you, Veau! I fucking trusted you!” 

Those words made Veau freeze for a moment, causing the spear to nick him on the cheek. 

Cecil, who was fighting alongside Hana to throw Kiyae off the ship, overheard the words yelled out by Xue. She paused, turning to look at Xue and Veau standing still in their spots.