31

We laid together for a while, silently just taking this moment in. I thought about how hard it was going to be to go back to Colorado.

Not only would I be without Colby.

But I would have to deal with Daisy.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked quietly and traced his fingers up and down my arm gently. "I don't know what I'm gonna do." I whispered and looked up at him. "What do you mean?" He asked and rested his head on mine, holding me closer.

"When I get home, I don't know what's going to happen. I don't want to talk to Daisy, I don't want to go back to work..I don't want to go back to a life that you're not in." I said as he kissed my head.

"I'm still gonna be in your life, we'll talk all the time..it's gonna be different but we'll make it work." He said quietly as I nodded. "I don't want to think about it anymore." I said then sat up.

"We should probably go tell Sam that we made up." I said and grabbed his sweatshirt from the floor and pulled it over my head. "Oh, we made up." He said with a laugh as I shook my head going into the bathroom to cleaned up.

I washed my face then braided my hair and looked into the mirror. I had a brightness in my eyes that I haven't seen in a long time. I couldn't tell if it was because I was truly happy or if it was from the sex.

Either way I liked it.

When I walked back into the bedroom Colby was fully dressed and sitting on the bed, scrolling through his phone with a concerned look on his face.

"Everything okay?" I asked and pulled on a pair of leggings. "Yeah, ready?" He asked as stood up, offering me his hand. I didn't really believe him but I grabbed his hand anyways.

We walked to Sam and Colby's room and knocked on the door. Sam opened it a few seconds later and smiled at us. "Hey, you guys okay?" He asked as I nodded. "We're okay." I said as we walked into the room. "Good. I was looking over the footage, and I think we need to go back tonight." He said as I scrunched my nose.

"What do you mean?" I asked as he looked at me. "Remember what we saw in the prison?" He asked as I nodded, "I'm trying to forget." I mumbled as Colby looked at us with concern.

"What did you see?" Colby asked as I shivered. "All the spirits we have been talking to aren't at rest because they were just thrown into a room to rot. They were never technically put to rest." I said then gasped.

"What? Are you okay?" Colby asked as I pulled my phone out, "I tried to do this in the cemetery but my phone shut off." I said then googled Johnston Loble.

I let my eyes skim the page as the guys looked at me like I was crazy. I read that we was a doctor at the asylum, he assisted in a ton of inhumane practices but was murdered by a patient who shoved an icepick so deep into his eye that it hit his brain.

"That's why they think he's bad." I whispered to myself then looked up at the guys. "We have to put them to rest." I said quietly. "How are we going to do that?" Sam asked as I shrugged, "I have no idea.." I said then looked down at my phone again.

"Maybe we have to do a seance again...tell the spirits that they need to cross over to the other side." I suggested as Colby nodded. "We can try it, but I'm not sure if that's how that works." He said as I shrugged, "Me neither, but we have to try." I said then reached my good hand out to him. "Let's free some spirits." Sam said as Colby took my hand with a grin.

We packed up our stuff then made our way back to the asylum. It was perfect because it was already 3am which was the perfect time for us to do a ritual.

"Let's go to jail." I said as Colby shook his head, "I don't think that's a great idea." He said as I took his hand. "It'll be fine." I said as Sam shook his head. "That's probably the best place to do it man." Sam said as we walked into the building.

You would think after almost a week of being here the vibes of this place would become less dark, but that wasn't the case.

Every time I set foot in this place it felt like a weight was placed on my chest. It felt like I was just walking through the mud. That's how heavy it was in here.

"Save us." A voice said in my ear as I nodded. "I'm trying." I mumbled as Colby squeezed my hand, "are you okay?" He asked as I nodded. "Let's just do this already." I said as we made our way down to the basement.

I felt my heart drop when I thought about the last time we were down here. When I decided to go on this trip, I didn't think I was going to fall in love, but I especially didn't think I was going to lose my best friend.

I was really scared to go back home, I was scared for what my life was going to be like. I might have just lost the only person I had, and for a guy who may never speak to me again after this.

I think I might have fucked up.

I shook my head and looked up at Colby who was staring straight ahead. I studied his features, taking in the time we had together as best as I could.

He really was handsome. The way his nose curved up at the end ever so slightly, his jaw line was so sharp I was afraid it would cut me if I touched it. He had his big beautiful blue eyes that would shine under the light of the moon. He was perfect.

There was no way we would ever work.

I looked forwards as we got to the bookcase that we had to squeeze through. "I'll go first." Sam said then squeezed through the entrance. "Will you help me get my cast through again?" I asked as he nodded, then kissed my cheek randomly.

"What was that for?" I asked and lined my body up with the small opening. "I don't know, I just wanted to do it." He said as I smiled, then squeezed through. Colby gently pushed my cast through the opening so I could get to the other side.

"We don't have to go in that room I don't think. We can probably do this in the empty room." Sam said as Colby squeezed through.

"Oh fuck this place." He said and shivered as I nodded. "Don't open that door, whatever you do." I said then pointed to the room with the bones in it.

"Let's get set up here." Sam said and grabbed the camera, setting it up in the corner of the room. "Do you guys think this is going to work?" I asked as Colby and I set up the candles.

"I don't know, I hope so though." Colby said as Sam nodded, "I think if we focus all of our energy on it, then it should work." He said and came to sit with us. He sprinkled salt around us as Colby lit the candles.

"We should do an EVP in case we hear anything." I said and grabbed it from the bag, so I could set it in the middle of the circle. "Okay, I think we're ready." Sam said as I took each of their hands.

"Go ahead, Vi." Colby said as I nodded. "Is there anyone here? We want to help you." I said and closed my eyes as I concentrated. "We know that you weren't able to be laid to rest. We want to help with that." I explained as a chill ran down my spine.

"What they did to you was cruel, but it's time to step into the other side." Colby called out as I heard walking behind me. "It's not that easy." I heard someone whisper behind me.

"I know it's not easy, but your souls are trapped here. We're giving you the energy to cross over. It's finally time to cross over." I said as I heard people running down the hallway.

"You're allowed to move on, we are giving you the energy to move on." Sam called out as I suddenly started to cry.

"Vi?" Colby asked as I took my hands away from theirs so I could cry into them. "Keep going." I whispered then took their hands again after a second.

"Go to the other side!" I yelled as the room started to shake, "It's not that easy." I heard multiple voices chant. "What do we need to do!" I called out as I looked at Sam and Colby with fear in my eyes.

"We want you."