Chapter 60: Multiple POV

August's POV

(Trigger Warning: Read with caution) READ THE AUTHORS NOTE IT IS IMPORTANT!

I had found out why no one had told me happy birthday quickly that day. It turned out that Alexandre had planned a surprise birthday party for me. It was great seeing all of our family and friends there to celebrate with me. It was nice to see Abuela Rosa again; she had given me some herbs and spices to help soothe the morning sickness. She was excited, having a great-grandchild on the way; she had told me if I were going to have a little girl to name the baby after her.

I only laughed at her and told her we would see. In which she responded that I didn't have a choice. Abuela Rosa was a spitfire not to be messed with. There were pack members that I hadn't communicated with at my party, and I made sure to mingle with them and got to know more about the people who made our pack what it was.

My parents talked to me about making one of the bedrooms in their house into a nursery for me, so when I had come to visit them, there was somewhere for my little one to sleep. My parents were beyond excited to have another little pup around their house. My mom also insisted on making sure Alexandre knew when I was going home after the birth. He would have me staying with my parents so my mom could help me for the first few days to teach me the basics. Alexandre only held his hands up in defeat, saying 'yes ma'am.' He didn't protest anything she had to tell him. It was funny seeing the big bad Alpha get told what to do by my mom. She was five foot nothing compared to his towering height, her pointing her finger into his chest was quite the show.

Luna Graciella only laughed, nudging me with her elbow, telling me she had raised him right. I agree that she did. No one could compare to my mate; he was a breath of fresh air.

Another week had passed by quickly, and today Alexandre took me to Kathy to finally get checked up. My nerves were shot. I didn't know what to expect. My body didn't go through any changes over the past few weeks, and it worried me. We sat down in the waiting area, requesting that we have the room to ourselves. She told us that she was dealing with a patient and that she would be right with us.

"August, if you don't stop bouncing your leg." Alexandre put his hand down on my knee to keep it from bouncing.

"I can't help it, I'm nervous..." I explained. "What if something is wrong?"

"Don't worry, baby, no matter what, I'll be here for you." He squeezed his hand on my knee.

"I'm ready for you now, August." Kathy's voice sounded from the doorway. Alexandre and I looked at each other, he stood, holding his hand out for me to grab. I bit down on my lip as he led me into the sterile room. "Lay down on the bed." She motioned her hand to the bed.

I did as she said. She took a sample of my blood and checked the rest of my vitals.

"So, they told me you felt a knotting feeling when the other Alpha knocked into you?" She questioned; I nodded my head, verifying that was true. Alexandre grabbed my hand as if he could feel my nerves building up, but I could tell under his calm exterior that he too was nervous.

She pulled out a machine similar to the one the nurse at the Omega residence had used on me. Kathy directed me to pull my shirt up, and she flicked the machine on. Much like the last time, she pressed the wand on my stomach, trying to pull up the image of our pup.

There on the screen was our little pup. Kathy frowned for a second and pulled out another smaller machine and turned it on, pressing the paddle-like thing on my stomach. I could faintly hear my heartbeat, but the silence that echoed in the room fell heavy in my heart. I could hear Alexandre inhale, his grip on my hand tightened.