Chapter 21: The Special Friendzone

Kyra's POV

"Would you let another guy kiss me even if he is your friend?" I asked Jayden with a hint of shyness in my voice.

Allow me to say taking out my anger on him had helped me quite a lot. I needed it. It helped me.

His facial expression seemed to have changed when I mentioned the idea of kissing. His face contorted into a mask of mystery and disapproval.

"I'd rather be the one kissing you," he replied firmly looking straight into my eyes.

I was waiting for that part where he'd laugh it off as a joke but it never came. He just stared at me intensely waiting for me to say something.

The idea of us kissing wasn't a bad idea at all buuut he definitely had to be kidding me. He probably just wanted a get a hilarious reaction from me that'd embarrass me.

"Do friends kiss?" I finally asked after debating with my mind on some punch response to give him.

That was all I could come up with. Anything else apart from that was dirty and wild.

"Right. Friends. Let's just call it a slip of the tongue then," Jayden said as he buckled his seatbelt and put the car into ignition.

"Wow. What a bold slip of the tongue. You sounded so firm about it," I challenged as he started driving.

"Ummm...Let's just say I was thinking out loud."

"So that means you were thinking about me. Let's forget the kissing part but I was like on your mind," I said and he stole a quick glance at me.

"Well, yeah. You just slapped me three times and screamed all your emotions in my face. You are like the first women to go all coconuts on me and slap me thrice."

"I could do it over and over again. It feels good. I'm your wife after all. I wouldn't appreciate any other woman doing that," I told him folding my arms and sitting back in my seat.

"Look who's going all possessive over me now," he joked making me chuckle.

Having a natural conversation with him felt good. I didn't have to put in some effort like all our other conversations.

We were both silent for a while as he concentrated on driving and I just looked out the window admiring nature. I loved travelling.

I looked back at him after a while. He was smiling broadly as if he was thinking of something. His smile did things to me. He was effortlessly handsome and smoking hot.

"Why are you staring at me?" Jayden asked calmly with his focus still on the road.

"You are smiling a lot. I bet you are thinking of last night. It must have been incredible," I remarked as I shifted my gaze to my sneakers. I felt really uncomfortable saying it but I knew I had to get used to it.

"My mind is occupied with someone else. Last night was just something else. I was wasted."

"Kylie's face was screaming sex glow."

"I could give you one too."

"I'll take that as a joke," I replied as I felt my cheeks heat up. The idea itself made me feel a strange and alien sensation between my legs.

"Truth or dare?" he asked from nowhere.

I gulped. I was definitely not the dare type of girl. What would he ask me anyway? My birthday? My crush in high school?

"Truth," I replied playing with the ring on my finger.

"How old were you when you lost your virginity?" he asked.