Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter forty-four

"Do you─Do you miss them?" Srishti asked hesitantly and from the way his eyes hardened she was sure he definitely didn't. He looked ready to give her a piece of her mind but since Ayaansh was in his arms, he said nothing.

She was curious now. She wanted to know about his past but would he tell her? He's too closed off and the walls he's built around his heart are too high.

Sahil sighed and closed his eyes to forget those haunting memories when he felt tiny fingers tracing his eyes. He smiled without opening them and his whole body relaxed. The power this little guy held on him was beyond words.

Ayaansh giggled watching his Dadda smile and continued doing so. Srishti stared at Sahil intently hoping that would answer the questions she had in her mind but knowing that was impossible she let out a sigh and left from there quickly.

Some time later, Aditya and Zevah arrived and Srishti couldn't feel more relieved.

"We─uh─we have decided something." Aditya awkwardly cleared his throat as they sat in the living room. Zevah looked uncomfortable as well looking around everywhere.

"You both are getting married." Sahil said in a bored tone and Zevah looked at him in shock and later at Aditya with narrowed eyes.

"You told him!" She accused and he shook his head frantically.

"I swear, I didn't." Aditya denied immediately but she just huffed and rolled her eyes. Srishti was only staring at them in shock while Sahil had no interest in the ongoing drama.

"What is going on?" Srishti asked in a daze and Zevah bit her lower lip in worry. She was so going to be dead.

"Uh, she said yes." Aditya answered grinning widely.

"But you said no." Srishti narrowed her eyes at Zevah who looked ready to run. Sahil and Ayaansh were in their own world, not interested in their conversation.

"Srishti, listen ─"

"I don't want to." She said sharply and left leaving a worried Zevah behind. Aditya followed her and asked Zevah to wait.

"Srishti, please wait." Aditya called her from behind and she stopped reluctantly.

"Aditya, I don't think this is a good idea." She sighed as they stood infront of each other.

"You think my feelings for her are not genuine?" He asked looking hurt and she instantly felt guilty.

"That is not what I meant. All I'm saying is that she's too important for me and I don't want her getting hurt. She deserves everything and all she's ever got is nothing. I know your feelings for her are genuine but I fear the circumstances that will be created once you two are together." She explained and Aditya sighed.

"She confessed." He said and she looked at him surprised.

"She did?" Aditya nodded with a smile and Srishti chuckled as well.

"Srishti, I know you're worried for Zevah and trust me I'm glad you are her best friend. All I'm saying is I'm willing to give her everything if given a chance and I want this chance with everybody important to me approving of it. Problems will arise, I agree but if we all are together we can face them better. Right?" He looked at her expectantly and she gave him an expressionless face.