10. Gossip City

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓰𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓹 𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

     "LET GO OF ME!" Luna exclaimed before she could break free from Jasper's grasp

The two of them stood in the empty hallway, Jasper looking at Luna worriedly while Luna looked at him with fury.

"Why would you do that?! You had no fucking right to manipulate my emotions!" Luna shouted, her voice echoing in the halls.

"I did what I had to do to prevent you from killing her, or have you forgotten that you have my strength?" Jasper answered, his voice lowering so no one could hear them.

"So what if I killed her?" Luna said, causing Jasper to look at her in disbelief.

"So what? Selene, you're only eighteen!"

"I have the right to be fucking mad!" Luna exclaimed. "And you took that away from me!"

Jasper gulped at Luna's words. She was right. She had the right to be angry. She had experienced a messed up thing and she's meant to feel hurt and angry. He shouldn't have taken that away from her.

"You're right. I had no business taking that away from you." Jasper said. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. From now on, I won't manipulate your emotions without your permission."

Luna's chest rose and fell at a quick pace as she catches her breath from all the shouting. Now, in her own will, she lets herself calm down. Her gaze remained stern but not as stern as before. She sighs deeply before she closes her eyes and opens them again to see a guilty-expressioned Jasper.

"Let's get to class." She simply answered.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

It was difficult for Jasper to leave Luna to her own class after the incident that just happened. But Luna convinced him that she's okay and that she wasn't in favor of him babysitting her. Jasper eventually let her go to her class but not without reminding her that he'll be waiting for her outside her room when lunch comes.

And he was. He was waiting by the door of the classroom Luna was in when she stepped out of the room. He was leaning by the door and immediately straightens his body when his golden-brown eyes met Luna's blue ones.

He has to admit, he sort of misses her real eyes. Sure, the contact lenses were a close match to her natural stormy blue eyes, but Jasper paid attention enough to find that her real blue eyes had specs of gray in them that somehow made them even stand out. With the contact lenses she's wearing now, he couldn't see anything but plain blue orbs.