Prologue

Harry stared at the ashen ruins of the castle he had spent the most important time of his life in.

It was gone. All gone.

Magic was dying. Magical were non-existant.

And it was all because of those Merlin damned Muggles!

He growled in anger, magic shifting as if sensing his emotions, but as a shout came from near him, he calmed himself down forcefully.

It wouldn't do to give his location to those murderers. He was the last magical being left. Everything depended on him.

He had been late. Minutes late to save them, the last of their kind, trapped in Hogwarts as the building was bombed, decimated.

He could still see the faces of his family, Ginny, Lily, James, Albus, Ron, Hermione, Rose, Hugo... All gone in a matter of seconds, unable to protect themselves from the powerful explosion.

Harry opened his eyes, the jewels shining brightly with determination.

Their deaths wouldn't be in vain. He would do it.

He would restore the magical world.

But first, he needed to go back to the past. He needed to redo everything.

Dumbledore had been wrong. Muggles hadn't loved them.

Dumbledore wasn't a saint. He was but a puppet master. Everything he did was for the 'Greater Good'.

And that was what brought them here.

His smiled as he drew the ritual circle around him, blood dripping from his hand as he used it as ink.

This time, everything would be different.

This time, he would save them.

All of them.

He didn't realize the blood dripping creating an extra rune, and as he pumped his magic in, the circle shined. His eyes widened at the difference of what was described on the parchment of the book on rituals, and he twirled around, eyes rushing from rune to rune, and he spotted the extra one.

But there was nothing he could do now.

He closed his eyes as his soul was ripped from his body painfully, and the last thing he saw before he disappeared was men rushing towards him in anger.

{}

Harry opened his eyes with a groan, squinting immediately at the brightness.

His head was throbbing and he felt like he was underwater, the sounds coming from afar.

"It's a boy!" he heard a man say, voice unfamiliar.

His newborn eyes could only see silhouettes, yet he could still see that green clearly.

Such a deep shade of emerald. And the emotions that went through them made him feel warm all over.

There was so much love in those eyes.

He felt his muddled thoughts clear up slightly as the woman whispered, words clear to his ears.

"Hello, Harry. I'm your mom."

Lily Evans Potter. He had done it. He had come back!

He fell asleep in exhaustion and the world crumbled down under his eyelids.

The last thing he heard was, the shout of...

"It's a girl!"