chapter 14

The next morning, Ariel woke up with a lovely smile on her face for the first time in a long while.

She did not feel worn out and neither did she have to drag her tired body out of her bed.

She stood up feeling very energetic and straightaway ventured into the bathroom.

Ariel looked at her reflection in the mirror. “He is a door away,” she whispered to herself with a smile before she averted her eyes from the mirror and turned on the shower.

A few minutes later, she got out of the restroom, looking fresh. She went straight to her drawer to look for an outfit to wear. She spent minutes deciding on what to put on before she ultimately settled for one.

When she was done dressing up, she left her room and headed downstairs. When she reached the living room, she saw Anna with her mother. She looked around for Grey and her smile right away dropped when she did not see him anywhere. She took a step inside the living room and sat on the couch.

Elena, who had been gazing at her daughter since the second she entered the living room, approached her when she saw how her daughter's mood had deflated although she had seen a smile on her face before. 

Ariel was so distracted. Her mind was constantly thinking about Grey and she failed to notice her Mom was seated next to her until she spoke up. 

“Are you looking for someone?” Elena asked. She had seen the way her daughter had looked around when she entered the living room. 

The sound of her Mom's voice pulled Ariel out of what she was thinking.

“W-what?” Ariel asked, looking at her mother.

“Were you searching for Grey?” Elena asked. 

“What? No,” Ariel replied quickly and averted her eyes from her mother. She felt if she stared at her mother for too long, her mother would know that she was lying.

Elena smiled at her daughter's response. “Oh, I thought you were searching for him,” Elena said. 

“You thought wrong, Mom. I wasn't,” Ariel mumbled.

“Breakfast is served,” Elena announced, looking at her daughter. “Come on. Let's go have our breakfast,” she added as she pulled her daughter alongside herself.

Ariel glanced at the stairs one final time. She hoped Grey would come down but he did not. She sighed and followed her mother to the dining table.

“I better go get Grey,” Anna said with a smile and attempted to go but Elena held her back. 

“I want to show you something,” Elena said.

“Really?” Anna asked. 

“I will hurry upstairs and get Grey quickly. I will be back soon,” Anna said.

But Elena was not willing to let her go. Anna looked at Elena with questioning eyes, silently communicating with her. Anna quickly understood the reason why Elena was continuing to stop her from going to call her son. 

“Ariel, go call Grey,” Elena said. 

Ariel, who was oblivious to what was happening, nodded her head and left for Grey's room.

Both Elena and Anna watched Ariel leave with a smile on their faces. 

"They should interact with each other more," Elena said.

“Yes, you are right,” Anna agreed with Elena. 

Ariel stood outside the door to Grey's room. It was slightly open and she could tell he was not in the bedroom. She was about to knock when she heard the door to the restroom open and a shirtless Grey walked in.