Chapter-21

Jon's POV

Oh my fucking God! Please don't tell me this is a dream. This is way too good to be a dream. Emma fucking kissed me! ME! Hell Yeah, she did. I need nothing more.

"If I get a kiss for each accident, I can go through a hundred of them." I say weakly. She gasps loudly and smacks me lightly on the chest.

"Don't you say anything like that Jonny. You don't know how scared I was! You're all I've got after all." She says, her voice trembling. I really wanted to pacify her but I'm under excruciating pain right now. Emma has seemed to notice it.

" I'll go get the nurse." She says and hurries off.

Kissing Emma was pure bliss, but the pain has started to kick in, which is becoming a fucking buzzkill. This is all because of that stupid son of a bitch who thought it was cool to be a minor and still drive his father's truck. That moron had no injuries but I got fucked real good. My Chevrolet is no good either.

Sigh.

I gotta tell Bob to check my car out, I'm gonna try my best to revive that bad boy. My car was the best thing that had ever happened to me, after Emma of course. I'd be devastated if my car isn't fixed. I might even murder that boy who is the root cause of all this.

****

"This tastes like piss." I say scrunching my face at the 'soup' that Emma is feeding me. Apparently I fractured my left hand which is my dominant hand, so I need help for half of the daily crap I do. I don't mind it, as long as Emma is my help. I can't wait to take a shower in that case.

"But this is good for you. This is all you can eat now Jonny." She looks at me with puppy eyes.

"Fine" I mumble. She gives me a wide smile and proceeds to feed me.

"It's getting late Emmy. You should get going." I say looking at the wall clock. As much as I love having her here, I don't want her to miss the comfort of her bed at night, plus there's Tony, she's got bigger priorities than me, duh.

"I'm not going anywhere! I'm staying here for tonight and all the nights till you get well. The doctor said that you'll be discharged tomorrow, but you're still weak to do things by yourself so I have decided that I'm gonna stay over at your place for a few days." She tells me, subconsciously putting a  spoon of soup into her mouth. She grimaces at the taste and gags.

"Oh my sweet donuts! This soup is awful. I'm so sorry I was feeding you dirt all this time. I'm gonna make you some real food when we get home." She says placing the bowl of soup on the table beside my bed. I do feel horrible about my car, but I'm glad that this happened in one way, I'll get to spend some amazing days with my Emmy. This is all I've been wishing for, Emmy by my side, the whole day. I'll even fake my pains so that I can get her to kiss me again.

I'm definitely going to hell once I die.

The doctor comes into the room with a file, greeting Emma with a nod.

"How are you feeling now Mr. Williams?" She asks adjusting her glasses.

"Better." I mumble. I don't know if it's because of being in this fucking bed for the past several hours or what, but I'm very cranky now. I don't wanna talk to a single soul other than my Emmy.

"His pain starts kicking in once in every two or three hours. It mostly affects his back and head." Emmy tells the doctor.

"Well, it's normal because he did have a mild concussion, and about the back, there aren't any serious injuries other than a slight sprain. I'd suggest you give him a daily massage and if the pain intensifies, then apply an ice pack on his back. It helps in reducing inflammations. Try not to overdose him on painkillers, it might be difficult but keep a control on the intake of pain meds. The rest looks fine so he can be discharged by tomorrow. He has got a metacarpal fracture which might take around four to six weeks to heal. So I'd suggest you bring him after a month, so that we can check him up. " She says. Ugh now this is just beautiful. God knows if Emma will even stick around that long looking after me. She's got a bakery of her own to take care of. Then it'll be just me again, and I already hate this fucking restraint. The doctor is busy mumbling something to Emmy, and she just nods her head, agreeing to whatever is being told to her. The doctor leaves and not even a minute later, a young policeman comes into the room. I'll just fake my death at this point so that I don't have to deal with anymore people.

"I hope you're keeping well, Mr. Williams." The cop greets me. I nod at him, indicating that I have zero interest in the conversation that we're having right now.

"Don't worry, I won't take much of your time. I just wanted to know if you'd like to file a lawsuit against the boy who crashed into you. It might help you financially to pay off the damages done to you and your car." He says.

"Nah it's cool." I say. Yes I do feel like kicking that motnerfucker in the balls but, I know what it is to be a rebellious teenager who wants to look cool in the eyes of their peers. I grew up through that phase too. And I'm pretty sure that this experience is gonna make him more cautious in the future, filing a report and shit is just gonna complicate things for the lad. So I stopped thinking from my ass for once, and decided to handle the situation with some empathy. After all, that sick bitch is at my mercy right now. The cop leaves and it's just Emma and I again. My baby looks so tired, her hair is in a mess and her clothes are all wrinkled up. She settles her cute little ass on the edge of my bed and reaches for her mobile phone. She dials some number and places the phone on her ear.

"Hey Caty! Listen, I've got an emergency here so I won't be able to make it to the bakery for a few weeks so I want you to manage everything there. And I also want you to keep an eye on my Tony once in a while. I'll come home to feed him daily, but still for the sake of my sanity I want you to watch him too. I'll come to your place with my spare keys and explain everything that happened. I'll talk to you later now. Bye." She hangs up and lets out a loud sigh. She gently leans towards my side and places her head on my shoulder.

"Why don't we go to bed now?" I ask stroking her hair.

"No I've got some work before that. I need to pack my clothes, give my spare keys to Caty, feed Tony and....." She is interrupted by a huge yawn.

".....and come back here." She says rubbing her eyes

"Emmy, you don't need to stay here cupcake. I'll be fine by myself." I say trying my best to sound convincing.

"No I'm not leaving you alone."

"Fine. I'll just call James to drive you back and forth."

"Yeah that'll do."

****

"I guess maybe go to the scientific center, and jump into that gigantic aquarium. Owww the water is gonna be so cold. But it'll be so fun swimming in the midst of sharks and whales."

"Well that's a very weird thing to do on your last day in this planet, cupcake." I say chuckling at her silly answers. Emmy has ran all her errands with James's help. Now, we're all cuddled up in my bed, with the lights off. Her head is resting on my chest and I am holding her close to me with my good arm. This feels surreal. This moment is something I'm gonna cherish till the day I die. Lying on a hospital bed with the most horrifying pain I've ever experienced, in a room which smells like chlorine all the fucking  time but, being with the woman I love. Holding her close to me, feeling every inch of her body against mine. She's so voluptuous, that feeling her against me is fucking amazing, she's so soft, gentle, I don't ever wanna let her go. If I could, I would make this woman mine forever. Give her whatever she asks for, raise our children with her, have a nice little home in the city, cook dinners together, have intense make out sessions, make love in hushed voices so that the kids don't wake up. Do everything a family does. A happy family.

This is the first time I've realized, that home is isn't a place, it's a person. And Emma is my home. God knows what is going on in her head, she gives me mixed signals. Sometimes I feel she's into me too, otherwise, I feel she's just being a sweet person that she is.

" I love you." I whisper out, trying my luck with her at least this time. But she does not respond, even though I know that she's awake. And I feel my heart crack again.

Better luck next time.

________________________________

Hope the story has managed to catch your attention yet ;)

Comment below what you think about this chapter. Till then.....

Te Amo♥️