38 - ♥ Going to the Market

{3rd Person’s Point of View}

You were in charge of cooking for the next day, and that day is today.

You woke up early and wore your (preferred color except for black) longsleeves and black jacket.

You paired it with a comfortable (preferred color) (pants / leggings).

You were carrying your cooler and headed out your room. You quietly closed your door and locked it.

“(Reader)-chan?” a soft voice called out to you.

You turned your head and saw Megumi in her pink pajamas. ‘Cute.’ you thought while she rubbed her eyes.

“Megu-chan. I’m sorry did I wake you up?” you asked smiling at her.

She smiled and shook her head. “No, I couldn’t sleep after what happened yesterday.” Megumi replied. “Are you going out?”

You replied with a nod and smile, Mhm, I’m headed to the market.”

“The market?! Can I come?” Megumi asked beaming. You grinned widely.

“Sure, I’ll wait for you outside.” you replied. Megumi nodded rather, enthusiastically before rushing to her room.

You waited outside the dorm while fiddling with your phone. “(Reader)-chan?” you heard Megumi called out so you looked up and saw her wearing a cute black outfit.

You smiled and held your hand out to her, which she gladly took. “I just remembered a while ago, (Reader)-chan’s assigned to cook breakfast!” Megumi beamed.

“Yep, I’m glad you’re coming with me. I’ll need Megu-chan’s help in choosing the best fish.” you said. Megumi panicked while blushing.

E-Eh? But I’m not good at choosing fishes. Well, yes I grew up in a harbor but- Eh?” Megumi said not knowing what to say.

You giggled at her and gave her a head pat. “There’s no need to panic, just choose what you think is the best. How about that?” you asked raising both brows while smiling.

“That sounds great (Reader)-chan!” Megumi replied.

✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

“Great choice Miss! These are the freshest fish we have!” the vendor told Megumi while giving her a thumbs up.

Megumi’s face lit up as she turned to look at you.

You smiled back and gave her a thumbs up. “Good job.” you replied causing her to smile wider.

“(Reader)-chan I’ll help in carrying those!” Megumi said and tried taking the basket from you. You then stopped her.

“I can carry it! I’m strong Megu-chan.” you replied causing Megumi to giggle.

While walking side by side, you noticed Megumi looking at a few people playing with hoverboards.

“Do you want to try riding one?” you asked her.

This caught her off guard, E-Eh? What were you saying (Reader)-chan?” Megumi asked.

You chuckled at her reaction, “Do you want to try riding hoverboards? Like that one.” you said pointing at one girl who did a trick using the hoverboard.