Chapter 1

Alexis POV

The sound of 'Good News' by Mac Miller has filled the room, causing me to groan in displeasure. Don't get me wrong, I loved the song, but holy crap did I hate to wake up. Within that split of a second when you come to your senses and open your eyes - the reality hits you. 

And it's overwhelming.

I let the song play as I stretched in my bed, looking at the clock, it was six in the morning. Usually, I would wake up at seven, but today was different.

So many things to be planned.

I moved my legs towards the floor, carefully ensuring my left foot touched it first. After all, I didn't want to begin the first day of high school with a breakdown. Although, there's going to be enough time for that, so I shouldn't get overly confident.

Rolling my eyes at the mere thought of how easily everything could go to shit I headed towards the bathroom. Looking into the mirror with the corner of my eye I saw that the green towel wasn't there. Slightly concerned I began checking an entire bathroom, but after a couple of minutes it was clear as a day – Daisy forgot. 

"Daisy!" I yelled at my friend and huffed when she hasn't moved. 

Walking up to the sofa chair I shook her slim shoulders. She started mumbling something under her nose before opening her dark brown eyes.

"What?" She muttered confused, looking at me with a sleepy, but also slightly irritated expression. "Someone's grumpy," she pointed out and I rolled my eyes. 

"Towel," I said shortly pointing at the grey towel in my hand, as it was the only one I've found.

It took her a few seconds to understand what I've meant before she said.

"Ooooooh, shit- I forgot it's Monday! I grabbed the wrong colors." She slapped her forehead and quickly got onto her feet. "I will go get it," she told me before rushing outside of our bedroom.

Deciding to use this time efficiently I made my bed. Once everything was folded perfectly, I took my time to sort Daisy's sofa chair. She never folded her blankets, which successfully drove me mad. 

She suddenly ran through the door with uneven breathing and a towel in her hand. It's not like she had to fight for it, she didn't have to run. 

"Here, everything is okay... right?" she asked unsure of whether I was tripping out from the tiny morning mismatch.

I gave her a reassuring smile. "Fine. D-d-don't w-worry," I told her and went off to do my business.

While I was showering Daisy knocked on the door and allowed herself in, in order to brush her teeth and hair. She usually showered before bed, while I did in the morning, which allowed us to take our time and not pressure each other with the bathroom schedules.

"It will be okay, Lexi," she assured, while I took my time rinsing off the soap from my body. At this point, shower talks were kind of our rituals.

"We will be together at all times, nothing will happen," she added sounding concerned. 

I sighed and tried to relax. She was right, people went to school all the time, it wasn't the end of the world.

"Together," I repeated - It was our mantra, a single word that meant the world.

After the shower, I opened my wardrobe and wondered what to wear. Starting today I had to put more effort into my clothing. Apparently, hoddies and sweatpants weren't an option.

"Want me to help?" Daisy asked already fully dressed. She was wearing a brown knitted jumper and white skinny jeans with a black belt. "We can't have you looking like a homeless person on a special day now, can we?" She took out my black ripped jeans, green turtleneck top, and a black cardigan. "Perfect, just enough to blend in and not attract unnecessary attention," she looked at me for confirmation. "Good?"