Chapter 39

When Danny's train arrived in Gotham, he became sad. He missed the blue skies and fresh air of Amity Park. "Master Danny." He looked over and saw Alfred standing in front of a car.

"Hi, Alfred." Danny greeted. He walked around to the back of the car to put his bag in the trunk. Once he closed the latch he looked down and saw a small led box. He quickly picked it up and shoved it in his pocket. The box contained a single blood blossom. It must have fallen out of his bag.

Danny got into the back seat. "How was your trip?" Dick was in the seat next to him and Bruce was sitting next to Alfred.

"It was good," Danny said smiling. "I got to see a lot of my old friends. Even made some new ones."

"That's great," Bruce said smiling. "When we get home, Dick suggested watching a movie. Does that sound okay?"

"That sounds fun." Danny missed his home, but he had also missed Gotham while he had been away. It was odd. But he had become kind of attached to the city. It was no Amity Park, but it was still nice.

~time skip~

When they got home, Alfred cooked dinner while Dick set up the movie. Bruce said it was a very rare occasion that Alfred let them eat in the living room, so they had better enjoy it.

They all sat down on the couch as the title scroll of Star Wars lit up the screen. After a while, Danny started getting tired. His eyes closed and soon enough he was out.

Once the movie was finished, Dick went upstairs to bed. Bruce looked to his left and saw that Danny had fallen asleep against his shoulder.

Alfred came up to him and chuckled. Bruce realized too late that he was holding a camera. "I do believe this will be going in the family scrapbook."

Bruce chuckled, "Whatever you say, Alfred." He looked back down at Danny. "He looks so peaceful. I hate to wake him." Bruce slowly stood up and took Danny into his arms.

"What are you going to do about his schooling situation?" Alfred asked as they took Danny up the stairs.

Bruce sighed. "I don't know Alfred... I just don't know why he's been skipping school... I think I'll talk to him this weekend."

"That sounds wise." Alfred nodded.

Bruce deposited Danny in his bed before he and Alfred walked back downstairs. "Master Bruce," Alfred reached down to pick up something. "What is this?"

Bruce took a small box from his hand. "It's not mine. I've never seen it before." He examined the box. "It appears to be made of led..." he opened the box. "What?"

Alfred looked inside, "It appears to a flower..."

Bruce picked up the blossom. "They're called Blood Blossoms. Dick and I have been studying them."

"I've never heard of them," Alfred said confused.

"They used to be used to ward off evil spirits," Bruce informed. "However, we became interested in them because Danny Phantom said that people like him can be hurt by them. I have tried making a formula that could be used to fight them if necessary."

"But... where did this one come from?" Alfred asked.

"That's what I'm wondering..." Bruce thought about it. "Could it have fallen from Danny's pocket when I took him upstairs?"

"But why would Danny have a Blood Blossom?" Alfred asked.

Bruce shook his head. "I don't know... Maybe it has something to do with why he's been missing school. You don't think..." Bruce's face turned white.

"What is it, Master Bruce?" Alfred was concerned.

"The first Blood Blossom I encountered was set as a trap to hurt Danny Phantom. You don't think... Danny could be helping the villains?" Bruce asked.

"Surely not Master Bruce." Alfred couldn't imagine a sweet boy like Danny being involved in something so horrible. "There must be some other explanation..."

"I sure hope so..." Bruce closed the lid. "But this requires further investigation..."

(A/N - Thanks for reading everyone. I hope you liked it so far. :) Wish me luck on my Spanish test! :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)