Chapter 49| Rachel

"Does Danny know abouts this?" I'm getting worked up and honestly I'm disappointed. I call him uncle Jeffrey for crying out loud. How could he do such a thing? He is family!

"No. Not yet. I wanna find enough proof before I can say anything." He responds calmly and stack some papers in front of him.

"Are you kidding? You have enough! Let's go tell him and grab the scrambag." I stand up frustrated.

"And tell him what? Right now the only crime he has done is being a crappy friend. There is no solid proof about him framing your father. Just calm done. We'll find a way." He squeezes my shoulder comforting but I don't feel better at all. Nevertheless I sit back down.

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that's in federal prison." I sign swallowing hard, trying to push away the lump that is forming in my throat. "I just want to get him out of there. I want him to come home."

He turns the desk chair in his direction and kneels in front of me. He places his hands on my knees rubbing little circles on my skin.

"I know, baby. And I'll make it happen, I promise. But I gotta do it smoothly without anyone know what I'm thinking. He can't know I'm suspecting him." I nod my head. He is right. My eyes are glued to the floor when i feel his hand cupping my cheek. I raise my sight and look at him. He has a half smile on his face looking a bit worried. "I'll fix this." And I believe him. I know he will. Hope is dancing around in my body like a tiny firefly. But it's there, it's like I'm actually seeing her weak light.

"Thank you."

"You don't.."

"For not giving up on me." I cut him off because I needed to get that out of my chest. I'm internally grateful he didn't give up and gave us another chance.

"I love you. Giving up wasn't an option." He almost whispers, tracing with his fingers the shape of my face making all tingly and excited.

I hook my hand in the back of his neck and pull him to me.

So this is what falling in love feels like. When his lips touched mine my heart almost exploded. My beats were loud and quick and I'm sure he could hear them too. All my senses woke from their sleep and I'm feeling everything with extreme intensity.

He always tastes so delicious making me hungry for more, just like the first time I've kissed him.

The kiss left us both panting and I could see the longing shining in his green eyes. They were darker now showing me how much more he wants without talking.

"Stay with me tonight." I whisper dragging my fingers gently on the crook of his neck, feeling tiny goosebumps form on his skin.

"Where else would I go?" He answers never leaving my sight. His voice has a huskier tone now and I'm melting inside. My god, that voice! The sexiest thing anyone could ever hear.

I lean in kissing him one more time just to seal the deal before the reality we're leaving these days sucks us back in.

"So tell me, what's the plan? How are going to find proof?"

He drops his head smiling lightly but stands up and turns his attention on the paperwork that's on the table.

"It's gonna be tricky. I need access on his computer but I don't know where it is. Plus I need to have Connor with me. I'm not as a good hacker as he is."

"Your friend with the garage? Is he really?" I sound genuinely surprised,cause I've seen the guy. He doesn't look it.

"You have no idea. But I don't know how we're gonna get in Novac's office without him noticing."