Fox 13

(My roommate broke my new dog while I was at work. Poor Penguin)

The next time Fox awoke he was snuggled up in a small box-like thing. His vision cleared after a few moments, allowing him to realize that he was in a little cat carrier being driven in a car. 

"I hope that he'll be okay with what we set up," Noah was saying quietly, as if trying not to wake him. 

There was a clicking sound before the car made a turn, then a slight bump and  upward incline. 

"He'll have to manage. He can't be moving around a whole lot while those stitches heal," Henry replied after turning off the car, then looking into the backseat. 

"Oh. Someone's awake already, I see." 

I see, too... and hear. 

Noah glanced back for a second before hurrying from the passenger's seat and opening the back door. A moment later and Fox's carrier was in the man's hand as he tried not to sway it too much while he walked. Thankfully, they went through the garage, cause Fox knew that Noah was likely to knock his carrier into the doorjamb... he'd seen the guy try to bring in groceries several times. 

Rest in peace milk, and eggs, and those little cookies that had been wrapped poorly. 

"Are you making fun of my ability to carry things, brat?" Noah said as they stepped inside. 

Yes, because you can't seem to step up the two simple stairs while not slamming something against the side of the entryway. 

"He's not wrong," Henry chimed in, making Noah grumble. 

"I didn't hear his response, but I don't think I want to." 

When Henry just chuckled and headed for the bedroom, with Noah following him, Fox twitched his ear and took note of his body as he started to move around a bit in the little plastic box. His injuries ached, but they were definitely better than they had been. 

"Alright, here we are," Noah said as he set Fox's carrier down... right in front of the big metal crate he remembered none-too-fondly. 

It's a no from me, thanks. 

"Told you he wouldn't be happy," Noah sighed as he carefully opened the carrier. 

Fox didn't hesitate to raise his hackles and bare his teeth on a growl. He would not be locked up in that metal prison again. The carrier box was one temporary thing, but he wasn't about to sit in that metal trap for days on end. 

"You can't just walk around with those injuries, buddy. You'll hurt yourself a lot worse if you pull on your stitches," Noah said as he knelt in front of the carrier, almost earning himself a warning nip. 

I'm not an idiot, most of the time. I can actually follow directions if I absolutely have to. 

"You can stay in here and not try to get on the bed or walk around much?" Henry asked with a raised eyebrow. 

That's a tall order, but I—wait. Where is my collar? 

"I took it off. You have an injury that it would rub against and I needed to treat and bandage it," Noah said as he held up the small fabric item with the little metal tag dangling. 

I'll just take it, then, Fox replied as he tried to lean up and grab it with his teeth, but couldn't even manage the simple motion without wincing. 

"Don't worry, I won't lose it." 

Fox bristled and huffed. Lose it. Go ahead. It's not like I wanted it in the first place.