V

Judgment

Judgment

Nakauwi si Ashanti nang maayos matapos lang ang ilang minuto. Nakaabang ang kaniyang ina sa labas upang salubungin siya.

"Asha, where have you been?" Ashara said after she got out of the car. "We were worried about you!"

"I stayed in Vercetti Hotel last night, don't worry. Tsaka, nandito naman na ako."

They went inside and the first thing her eyes caught was Calista cheerfully talking to the maids in the hall. She inwardly circled her eyes and put a line on her lips. Halatang walang pakialam sa kaniya ang kaniyang kapatid na wala man lamang bakas sa mukha nito ang pagkanerbyos dahil hindi siya umuwi kagabi.

So what am I expecting? It's Calista, who pushed me to death in my previous life. Hindi na ako magtatakang walang pinagbago sa ugali niya. I guess she's hoping for me not to come back to this mansion anymore? Well, the feelings are mutual.

Her mom was babbling about something but she excused herself and went upstairs to her room. Calista trailed her eyes upon her and secretly frowned before talking to the maids again.

Her first plan was to make the maids her backer. It would be a big factor if she got the full trust of them. It would be easy for her to make the maids believe everything she would say, whether it was true or a lie. It would also be a piece of cake for her command them, like putting Ashanti's clothes to flame or even to poison her beloved sister without any trace of evidence that she was the mastermind

Ashanti went to her room and immediately took a book on the shelf and placed it on her study table. She browsed on her phone about the latest news on the city and especially, on her father's company's conflicts.

She wanted her father to be impressed. The meeting tonight would be her last chance to prove that she was better than Calista. She was the only child of Carshon and Ashara Rossault, and the only one who got the favor of the Rossault elders. She should be the only successor of the family's wealth and the one who would marry Kalen.

She was in a deep concentration on her studies when someone disturbed her and knocked. She sighed and forcibly went to the door.

"Maeann, I told you not to come here when I'm not yet calling you-"

Her forehead creased and looked at the woman standing in front of her from head to foot then to her face. It was Calista. Ano namang kailangan nito sa kaniya? Wala naman siyang naalalang ginawa niya rito pagkatapos ng kaarawan nila kahapon.

"I don't have time for your white lotus fights, Cali. Get lost."

Calista put a teasing smile on her face. "Is that how you greet your guests, sis?"