CHAPTER 53

------------------ Next day - Monday - Morning

Aman knocked on Lavanya's cabin and look at her through glass, who was arranging the papers in a file. Hearing the knock Lavanya looked up; she didn't say anything seeing Aman and again got busy in her work. Aman sighed at her ignorance and walk in.

Lavanya look at him entering and then keep her head down on files and before Aman could say anything she said, "Aman I don't want to talk to you now ... so please leave".

Aman got angry at her rudeness ... how will he make her understand when she is not even giving him a chance to explain.

"You are forgetting that beside being committed we also work here" said Aman, his tone clearly reflects that he is angry.

"Fine ... say what it is then?", said Lavanya looking up at Aman.

"ASR wants you to make Khushi busy today so that she can't leave the office before evening", said Aman coming straight to the point, Lavanya was about to ask why when Aman hurriedly continued "ASR wants to show cast Indian Bridal line at Paris event as well, so I have already talk to Mr. Richard about it ... he don't have any problem with it ... he just want to talk in detail. As ASR is not available he wants you to go ahead with this making Khushi come in the front with explanation and all. That will make Khushi's mind busy at work".

"Indian Bridal Line? When this was decided? And Why doesn't ASR wants Khushi to go to hospital?", asked Lavanya curios to know ... because as far as she knows after the incident both Arnav and Khushi wanted to be together as much as they can.

"It was Khushi's idea actually and ASR liked it so he talked to Mr. Richard, he agreed so ASR wants to go ahead with it. You and Khushi can arrange the team ... we need 10 dresses only.", said Aman and turn to leave.

"Wait ... you didn't answer my 2nd question", asked Lavanya quickly seeing Aman leaving her cabin.

Aman turns and look at her ... his gaze was intense and something else which Lavanya can feel as well, it was like he wants to tell her something but couldn't. Lavanya's heart started to thud faster thinking that what if something is wrong or bad going to happen. She waited for his answer not averting her eyes from him.

After a minute of staring Aman said, "I am not at liberty to say anything related to that just like I was not able to tell you then when Khushi got kidnapped. You are not even giving me a chance to explain dammit", said Aman his tone got angry at the end. Aman fisted his hand and Lavanya looked at him worried ... at one side she was angry at him but on other side she wants him to continue that's why she didn't say anything and kept looking at him.

"I don't want you to get hurt", said Aman after few seconds, "Kushal got to know about Khushi because he saw her and ASR's picture in the newspaper. I was afraid that same thing will happen to you if you were seen around us because we were sure that he was keeping an eye on ASR and his surroundings", said Aman and turned to leave ... he open the door and stopped, "Just think ... what would you have done if you were in my place", said Aman without turning and left from there.

Lavanya stood there watched him go, she didn't know why her heart was beating fast. She sit on her chair rubbing her temple, thinking on his words.

------------------------------------------------

"Khushi this is the fourth time I am calling and its very awkward", said Arnav on phone listening to Khushi's giggle.

"It not awkward Arnavji ... it's fulfilling the promise you made", said Khushi as she prepare her papers for the meeting.