Chapter Nine: Midnight Stroll

Nicholas Harrington sat in his car that was parked on the corner of a street. A street otherwise known as the 'strip', was filled with many shops and restaurants only a few blocks away from Bradford's campus.

He couldn't help but feel like a creep in his all black attire and black sunglasses. Although it was already dark out, the last thing he wanted was to be recognized by one of the many college students that walked along the strip.

His car was parked directly in front of a cozy restaurant that many students went to. The building had large windows that allowed people to see into its 'hip' interior.

It also gave Nicholas the perfect view of Eve.

He watched her as she sat with two other girls at a booth in the corner of the slightly crowded restaurant. He watched as she ate and talked with her friends. He enjoyed the way she unconsciously played with her hair while she listened to her girlfriends speaking.

Most of all, Nicholas enjoyed watching her smile. It seemed her entire face lit up when she laughed. It was the most mesmerizing thing he has ever witnessed.

Nicholas knew he was crazy, he knew following one of his students around was wrong and yet he found himself doing just that. A powerful man like himself was use to self control and discipline. But when it came to Genevieve Walker, all bets were off.

He hadn't stopped thinking about her. Throughout the week he purposely walked by all of her classes, trying to get a glimpse of her through the little windows on the classroom doors. When that wasn't enough he followed her back to her dorm, making sure to stay out of sight.

It wasn't until today, Friday, he decided he needed more. Nicholas craved contact with her, he wanted nothing more than to hear her voice again, see her looking up at him with those doe eyes.

He called William earlier that evening, telling him he couldn't make it for drinks at his office. He knew they would grow suspicious, especially Isaac, he had a knack for catching on to things quickly.

Nicholas suddenly felt his pulse quicken as he watched eve get up from the booth and slip on her jacket. She wore a cream skirt with a matching turtleneck, her jacket was a denim one and didn't look as if it would keep her warm enough.

He wanted to scold her for not wearing something warmer. The nights were getting colder and the last thing Nicholas wanted was Eve to get ill.

'She's not yours Nic, remember that.'

Oh but he wanted her to be, more than anything.

He watched as Eve hugged each of her friends before walking towards the exit of the restaurant. Nicholas immediately wondered why she had left before her friends, especially since she had arrived later.

Without thinking, he got out of his car and began to trail behind her, making sure to stay a few feet back.

As he followed her, Nicholas growled lowly as she shivered and gripped her jacket tighter around her body.

If she was his she would surely get spanking for not dressing properly.

'But she's not.'

Not yet.

As he continued to stroll behind her, he realized she was walking back towards the campus. Glancing at his watch he felt himself grow even more frustrated with the little nymph upon realizing how late it was. To him, she should never be walking alone, especially at night.

Nicholas knew he was breaking his own rules in pursuing her but he needed to know she was safe. He always knew he was overprotective. William and Issac always joked that Nicholas was the type to track his sub.