Chapter 25

(Penelope's Point of View)

After several days and multiple visits to Jane. I finally decided I was going to be productive today. If I skipped any longer I surely would flunk this year.

I woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast and hopped on my motorcycle. I finally stepped a foot on the school campus after several weeks away and didn't feel glad about it. Fuck why couldn't this year end quickly.

Like all the other times I parked my bike on my normal spot and walked through the entrance. Some students looked at me while others whispered. Glad everybody at school was the same. I walked to my locker that hadn't been used since the first couple of times I came to class but nonetheless I opened it and got my wrinkly schedule from inside. I looked at it and backed away from my locker just in time for Ethan to shut the locker closed in my face.

I looked at him with an annoyed expression while he had his golden smile plastered on. At least one of us was happy to be here. "Oh why the long face?" Ethan says with a teasing tone. "Aren't you glad your back in hell?" I push him away from me with a smirk and continue walking to my first class. Ethan puts his hand on my hair and shakes it ruining my hair causing me to slap his hand away.

"Why am I stuck with you for 2 periods." I say groaning as we both enter our first class.

"You would be stuck with me much more time if you would have came the other couple of weeks." I sent him a glare and walk to the back to find a seat. Ethan of course sits in the front with his buddies while I prefer to stay in the back with my thoughts.

The teacher walks in after the bell and the remaining students shuffle in behind her. She places her stuff in her desk and goes to grab what I assume is her attendance sheet. Name after name she calls everybody in class, until it's my turn. "Penelope-" before she said my full name like the rest of the class she mutters a absent under her breath as if she was used to it by now.

"I'm here." I say with a monotone voice. The teacher looks up and scans the room. Just as her eyes land on me she puts on a fake smile anyone could see passed it.

"I'm glad you finally decided to show up. But I will have to inform the principal of your absences. If you will walk yourself to the office and I'll ring him up in a bit to let him know you finally showed up." I got up and walked to the front of the class. As she gives me a pass I make quick eye contact with Ethan who gives me a smirk as I walk to the door. Before I close the door behind me I flip him off and walk away with a laugh trailing behind me. I knew she would do that so it wasn't a surprise to me. I walked to the office and sat on the uncomfortable chairs they had. After about 20 minutes of me just sitting there looking around, the principal came and led me to his office.

I walked in and he closed the door behind him. He walks back to his front desk and sat down. "How are you doing Penelope?" I nod not wanting to spend much time here. "I see you finally decided to show." I stay silent and it finally seems to click that I wasn't in the mood to talk with him. "I will have to say that if you continue skipping class you won't have enough credits to graduate and you will have to repeat the year."

"Sir with all due respect I feel like you're taking precious time off my day in which I actually decided to show up. I understand you aren't really worried and it's mandatory for you to do this to every student who skips class but if I finally decide to show up today and the teacher kicks me out don't you think both of you are taking away from the education I came here to get." I say with a serious and confident tone. He nods his head understanding my point of view and lets me go back to class. I guess those few days in debate club in my other schools did me some good for once.

Not wanting to go back to that woman's class I decide to just walk around the school for the remaining 5 minutes of class. After 5 classes lunch break starts. I walk towards the chattering in the cafeteria and stop. I scan the room and spot Ethan in the table with his buddies. I walk towards him and take a seat next to him just bored out of my mind. His buddies of course couldn't keep it in their pants. "Penelope long time no see." Says one of them while staring straight at my boobs not even trying to be sneaky about it. I snap my fingers in his face and it brings him back.