Chapter 44 -True Identity

Angelo's POV

There we stood, my gun drawn and aiming at the head of one of Dominic's guards. His partner held his firearm to my head while Giovanni pressed the barrel of his gun against his skull. I glared into the guard's eyes, mine burning with a fury that was fueled by pure fear. Fear of losing Elena after finding out the bullshit I was holding within this folder.

"Call him!" I snapped at the guard, pressing my gun harder against his forehead.

The guard slowly reached into his pocket, my eyes trained on his hand as he slowly pulled out his phone. Without looking at the screen, he unlocked it with a single swipe, pressed one of the corners on the screen then raised the phone to his ear. I could hear the ringing on the other end before I heard the familiar voice.

"Boss, you may want to come to the gate." He uttered. I could hear Dominic's voice but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Well, we have a situation. There's a man here demanding access to the property. There is a sort of showdown with everyone's guns drawn, except my own. It's a bit of a mess down here." He replied into the phone, holding my gaze closely.

Almost instantly, he dropped the phone and clicked it off, slipping it back into his pocket. A few minutes passed before I finally heard the massive black gate rasping open. I kept my eyes disciplined on the guard as I noticed multiple people walking closer to us, all their guns in hand.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Dominic's voice boomed as they neared us. "Angelo?"

"Where's Elena?" I ignored his question and vocalized my own.

He stood there scowling at the side of my head before placing his gun into the back of his pants.

"Lower your guns." He instructed his men. At first, they hesitated but soon after they obliged. Once their guns were down, Giovanni and I removed ours.

"Where's Elena?" I repeated, turning to face him while shoving my firearm into the back of my jeans.

"Look, boy, I don't know what you think you are going to achieve here, but-" He tried before my anxious thoughts forced me to cut him off abruptly.

"Dominic, with all due respect, I am trying my absolute hardest to keep calm with you, but if you aren't willing to cooperate with me for your daughter's sake then every ounce of respect is going out the window because, at this moment, your daughter's safety is my one and only priority. So, I ask again, where is Elena?" I simplified, holding his gaze.

He remained silent, his lips in a relentlessly grim line while his eyes penetrated his glare through me. I noticed Ruby standing closely behind him, her eyes wide and bulging out her head. I was about to speak up once more when Nico broke the silence.

"She's at my house, why?" He stated.

"Is she alone?" I pressed further.

"What? Why?" He asked in perplexion with furrowed brows.

"Is she alone, Niccolo?" I repeated myself, my voice rising in solicitude.

"I mean, there are guards on duty but, yes, she is alone at the house. My wife and I were about to leave shortly." He informed me. My blood ran cold and my heart began racing at an alarming rate.

"Call the guards!" I blurted out.

Niccolo's forehead twisted as his brows knitted together, skeptical of my actions and demands. However, something made him decide to amuse me as his hand dove for his phone in his pocket. He pulled it out, swiped across the screen, and made the call. He was silent as he held eye contact with me, his phone against his ear.