chapter 16

Ariel went straight to her room with a big grin on her face.  She sat on the mattress and reflected on the moment Grey's lips almost touched hers.

“I have accepted my bond. Even though he is a demon, I do not want to break my bond with him and I'm positive Grey feels the same way for me, or he wouldn’t have attempted to kiss me,” Ariel said, smiling to herself.

She laid down on her mattress, smiling, until she heard a knock on the door.

“Come in,” Ariel said. 

Elena and Raguel walked into the room, which made Ariel sit up quickly. Her gaze shifted between her parents, and she was a bit surprised that they were in her room.

‘I hope they have not changed their mind about Grey,’ she thought to herself. However, she rapidly shook the notion out of her mind. ‘I can't bear being separated from him.

“Mom, Dad, is everything alright?” Ariel asked.

“Yes,” Elena answered.

“How are things going on with you and Grey?” Raguel asked. 

“I don’t want to break the bond,” Ariel answered, panicking a little. 

“What?” Raguel was a little stunned by his daughter's words. “We are not here for that,” he added quickly, causing Ariel's whole body to relax.

“Why would you think that we would ask something like that from you?” Elena requested.

Ariel shrugged. “Maybe because our family has a bad record with demons.”

“It doesn't matter what records we had with demons. Grey is your soulmate and you two deserve to be happy,” Raguel said which made Ariel smile at her father.

“So how are things going on between you and Grey?” Elena asked.

“Fine, I guess,” Ariel said with a smile, as her mind floated to the moments she had spent with Grey.

“It's definitely better than just fine,” Elena said. “Look at how your face is glowing,” she added with a chuckle.

Ariel used her palms to cover her coy face.

“We came here to discuss something with you,” Raguel said in a serious tone, which made Ariel straighten up and stare at her father. “You know you have yet to connect your bond with Grey and the more you guys wait, the more each of you will fall in poor health from not connecting the bond. Your bond is very strong. Not connecting it will make you two weak and it could even lead to death,” Raguel said gently.

“It will not get to that, Dad,” Ariel said in assurance.

“I understand why you guys are taking your time, however, the bond needs to be connected,” Raguel said. 

Ariel nodded her head in understanding.

“I'm so happy you two are my parents,” Ariel started with a smile.

“We are delighted you are our daughter”, Elena said, pulling her daughter into her arms. Raguel at once wrapped his arms around his daughter and wife.

“Alright, let's go downstairs for dinner,” Elena said as she stood up and led the way out of the room with Ariel and Raguel, who followed closely.

They ate their dinner in silence, however, Grey kept glancing at Ariel each time he had the opportunity to. Occasionally their eyes met and they smiled at each other.

Their family just pretended as if they were not noticing them but they were discreetly watching them, and it made them happy. Anna was completely elated with her son.