THE FOE

"And like that I got trapped in this!" Ananya sighed for the hundredth time while Arvind rolled his eyes. Swara approached the youngsters with coffee who were in the study room.

Maheswaris were back safely to mansion the soonest. Sanskar shared the incidents with Adarsh who gave the rest of family a vague idea of what's happening with them. Gadhodhias were brought immediately to Maheswarias, not wanting to invite a catastrophe upon them.

"You know what Ragu Di, I never wanted to visit Kolkata. I was very happy in Delhi and was excited to fly to London but it seems, my dad had to first make me mature enough to lead a life there. And for that, he tagged me along with Arvind Sir. Can you believe that?" Ananya's mood fluctuated from excited to sulking to grinning.

"With Arvind?"Sanskar was quite puzzled with the information. "That too, for assisting in solving a case?"

"I want to take graduate degree in criminal justice and later..." Ananya's words trailed off as Arvind cut in between.

"Can we come to the point instead of your blabber?"

As expected by him, she pouted and extended a file to him. "Don't know who are the enemies yet, Sir. We could trace the last call Di received. It was from Jharkhand. As we concluded, the target is Maheswaris." She said with an uninterested face. "I told all these over phone also, that too in detail. We are having very strong cover for the family, in case of any attack."

"So what's next?" Laksh asked, not after letting out a sigh.

Ananya's face lit up instantly. "Lakshya Maheswari, right?" She asked with a glee.

All except Arvind were surprised on the instant curiosity of the 22-year old. She being too small and immature for the job was clearly evident from her talks. 'How did Aru agree to let her accompany him?' Ragini couldn't help but think.

"Yeah.." Laksh said in surprise.

"You know what; you are the sole reason which kept me motivated throughout these months." Ananya chirped and others glanced each other. "The belief that sooner I would be able to meet Mr.Lakshya Maheswari."

"Me!?" Laksh was dumbfounded.

"Yeah!" Ananya assured cheerfully. "After all, I was curious to meet the root cause of all problems." She smirked.

"Huh?" "What?" Different reactions echoed the room while Arvind glared her shifting his focus from the file for a moment. But was Ananya one who would be affected by it?

If you thought yes, then it's wrong. A simple smile with smirk gave it all.

"You should have tried to experience Mumbai, you know. At least, Mumbai traffic would have taught you a little patience. Well, traffic is here in Kolkata also!! But you are YOU! I'm sure you would have realized that this sweet and so cool situation in your family is somehow because of you. And the funny part is you're still an impulsive and confused soul.

My friend Lakshmi was saying, 'Nerve of that jerk to continue inviting problems to the family by living with them.' Woh, I had discussed some bits with her.

Not me, Lakshmi said!"Ananya covered up before the stares darted towards her.

"Waise, Swara di, you married him even after that? Like why? If I was in place you, I would have gone to the same temple with him, prayed for everyone's peace and pushed him to the river without a second thought." Ananya said gritting her teeth.

Laksh's mouth widened in horror, so did other's in the room except Arvind.

"Ananya!" Arvind called out.